What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun with Alfred and Seymour

Having some fun with our new ducks that just hatched june 5 2010.

Alfred and Seymour attacking my girlfriend
P6100054.jpg

Come to papa!!!
P6100055.jpg

Feeding time!!!
P6100056.jpg

BIT IN THE FACE!!!!
P6100059.jpg

Trying to get salmonella right from the source? :D

Very cute! What will you do with them as they get bigger? Do you live on a farm?

lol at least ill know that i got it willingly (just kidding we give them medicated feed to prevent them from getting salmonella, [mainly cuz the dog likes eating poop]). and no but there is a lake right behind us which we've been visiting everyday and having them follow us back home, so hopefully they will remember how to come into the porch through a hole we will make (when they get big) to eat and what not.

pretty much we are planning on raising them as you would raise an outdoor cat. come and go as you please.

Ducks are awesome :)
Just beware of cats, i had a tiny duck one (found abandoned next to a road).
My cat killed it with 1 hit :(

How fun I'll bet if they follow you every day they'll get the idea of which house to go back to. Did you hatch them from bought eggs?

I've got two cats, they'd LOVE some ducks! LOL

Yeah the cat has become suddenly curious of the closet... lol.

and no we were going to visit a duck we found out had laid eggs everyday and we realized that 3 eggs were off to the side, we thought nothing of it for a few days but she was never sitting on them. finally i decided to see what she would do if i got close to them (knowing that if someone had touched them the mom would abandom them) and all she did was scoot the eggs she was on further away from me with no attempt at moving the 3 outsiders. so i figured it was worth a shot to try to incubate them. after what seemed like forever they broke their air sac and later that night broke through the shell. one of them died shortly after breaking the air sac. so now we got alfred and seymour.

Perhaps those were the first three she laid and someone else came along and touched those and so she was on a new clutch?

i figure that one of the neighborhood kids mightve tried grabbing them. seeing as they were the ones that told us where the duck was. well at least 2 survived..right?

Adorable! And they follow you around!? So cute!

I do find the mouth to mouth thing pretty gross though... LOL. :)

Cute.. my neighbors geese just had a dozen chicks hatch. They keep wandering through the fence into my yard. So I get to play with them plenty. Mother goose isn't any fun though..

Adorable! And they follow you around!? So cute!

I do find the mouth to mouth thing pretty gross though... LOL. :)

I regurgitate the food for them, its the least i can do. :-))

Cute.. my neighbors geese just had a dozen chicks hatch. They keep wandering through the fence into my yard. So I get to play with them plenty. Mother goose isn't any fun though..

They're a blast! except they poo ALOT!

Back