What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big take down in my own back yard, LOL.

Well Thursday was an interesting night, LOL. I was just about to fall asleep when I hear loud commotion in my back yard. A lot of shouting, then I hear people, yes multiple people jumping my Fence and walls. I quickly jump up and get my gun and look in my Cameras to see whats going on and what part of the yard the intruders are in. Turns out a guy was running through my yard to get away from the police. A ton of cops stormed my yard and took this guy down. A Police Helicopter even flew over my house and shined its light in my yard. I thought a shootout was going to occur in my own back yard, LOL.

Turns out this guy was running from them because he had stolen 2 cars earlier that night. The best part is I was able to get this on film, LOL. Me and my Dad made a copy of the film and gave it to the police to help them in their case against this guy.

I actually thought at first that my house was being selected for a Home Invasion since a house a few months back across the street from me was hit in broad day light. Man I just have the Weirdest luck, LOL.

Long gun or pistol?

I have a FN FNP9 protecting the house. Never used it anywhere other than the firing range, and it's paid itself off already in fun =)

LOL. I have the choice of these guns in my collection
A-4.jpg

Is that a friggin M1A1??

Man your gun laws are nice and lenient over there. I live in a commie state. 10rd magazines and the assault weapons ban (anything with a pistol grip AND detachable magazine)... it's depressing to recreational shooters. Anything .22LR is open game though...

I'm into folding knives too! Benchmade and Spyderco all the way!

Anyways enough of me looking like an armchair assassin...

Why would you feel the need to steal a second car if the first one got you along just fine? Must be a huge adrenaline rush though. Never really stolen anything ever besides the occasional food item at walmart.

Is that a friggin M1A1??

Man your gun laws are nice and lenient over there. I live in a commie state. 10rd magazines and the assault weapons ban (anything with a pistol grip AND detachable magazine)... it's depressing to recreational shooters. Anything .22LR is open game though...

I'm into folding knives too! Benchmade and Spyderco all the way!

Anyways enough of me looking like an armchair assassin...

Why would you feel the need to steal a second car if the first one got you along just fine? Must be a huge adrenaline rush though. Never really stolen anything ever besides the occasional food item at walmart.

LOL, The guy who stole the cars is one stupid guy. I hope you dont think I was the one. As someone earlier thought it was me who got taken down. I dont get into trouble.

Yes, that's a Thompson M1A1. Its a Civilian Semi Auto. The drum on it is a 50rd drum. I want to get the 100rd drum for it though, LOL.

Last edited:
Eh, bein' a military man, I'll take a carbine over a replica Tommy anyday.. Or even a shotty for the house. But you cant beat a classic .45!

Eh, bein' a military man, I'll take a carbine over a replica Tommy anyday.. Or even a shotty for the house. But you cant beat a classic .45!

LOL, I want a classic M1911a1 45acp. I want an Ed Brown brand M1911A1. He makes some of the best 1911's.

LOL, I want a classic M1911a1 45acp. I want an Ed Brown brand M1911A1. He makes some of the best 1911's.

Prepare to give up your car in order to get one! Springfield, Kimber, Wilson Combat, Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, and Les Baer, among some others make some of the best production 1911's for a third of the price man... they all do customs too!

All of those are guaranteed to shoot within 3MOA (think inches) @ 50yd's using match ammo.

For non gun folks, a typical pistol with match ammo will shoot that in 7yards, 2 if you're lucky.

I'm a huge 1911 fan, but I can't afford to own one...

For me, the dream 1911 is the Springfield Operator model. There is pretty much no need to perform any mods to make it shoot as well as a competition gun from the time I spent with one and I'm nowhere near as good of a shot as the guys who use them everyday over there.

uhh note to self, dont ever try to suprise mike, adam, or chris. possibility of getting shot. lol.

uhh note to self, dont ever try to suprise mike, adam, or chris. possibility of getting shot. lol.
Yea, especially with me gettin back from Iraq.. Sure I'll carry a knife around since NY sucks.. or maybe just strap on an 18" shotty. :D

lol. Just had 2 cop cars pass by my house last night to make sure things were ok. This is the gun I need for home protection, LOL.

m2491.jpg

Well Thursday was an interesting night, LOL. I was just about to fall asleep when I hear loud commotion in my back yard. A lot of shouting, then I hear people, yes multiple people jumping my Fence and walls. I quickly jump up and get my gun and look in my Cameras to see whats going on and what part of the yard the intruders are in. Turns out a guy was running through my yard to get away from the police. A ton of cops stormed my yard and took this guy down. A Police Helicopter even flew over my house and shined its light in my yard. I thought a shootout was going to occur in my own back yard, LOL.

Turns out this guy was running from them because he had stolen 2 cars earlier that night. The best part is I was able to get this on film, LOL. Me and my Dad made a copy of the film and gave it to the police to help them in their case against this guy.

I actually thought at first that my house was being selected for a Home Invasion since a house a few months back across the street from me was hit in broad day light. Man I just have the Weirdest luck, LOL.
If it was me that hopped and ran through your yard your would've misdirected the police in my favor though eh eh?! :blush:

lol. Just had 2 cop cars pass by my house last night to make sure things were ok. This is the gun I need for home protection, LOL.

m2491.jpg

or 1 of these might work well.

gatling.jpg

LOL, The guy who stole the cars is one stupid guy. I hope you dont think I was the one, LOL. As someone earlier thought it was me who got taken down, LOL. I dont get into trouble, LOL.
Hmmm, that's a lot of "LOL"s... sounds suspicious... :-))
Not serious. I know someone close who was in the marines. He shot a bazooka. He tells me a lot of stories about that...

Back