What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup!

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
England 1:1 USA

Woot! Woot!

"A tie is like kissing your sister but England is a stepsister by 2nd marriage who's hot. Not that bad."

:-D

hahaha

I've been waiting for someone to make a World Cup thread. I'm excited!

The US vs England was pitiful though. Youch. Messi was pretty amazing in the Argentina vs Nigeria game, though.

so many fails in the USvsEngland game.

England 1:1 USA
The US vs England was pitiful though. Youch.
What he said. While you can never rule out the Yanks (see Confederation Cup - USA vs Spain), most of our victories, if they come, will be upsets - kind-of like the JV squad upsetting the Varsity. It can happen - but it's not too likely.

As a country, we should probably offer that poor English keeper asylum - I sure doubt anyone in England will still want the poor guy! (& Howard deserves a medal!)

Messi was pretty amazing in the Argentina vs Nigeria game, though.
He's a joy to watch for sure - although the Maradona mess doesn't highlight his skills as well as Barcelona.

While I'm looking forward to catching as many games as possible, I'll definitely try to catch any Spain, Netherlands, Brazil matches (in that order). Spain's game is incredible to watch....

GOAL!!!!!!!!

Woot Woot!!!
USA 1:0 ALG

Woot Woot!!!
:banana2::boogie::banana2:
Wow! That had to be one of the most painful games I've watched! How many different ways could we find to 'almost' score - including the not-offside, disallowed Dempsey goal....:crazy:

This forum's lack of interest in soccer seems to reflect the general view of USA & soccer. If only the game could incorporate more left turns ... :headwall:

I keep wanting to watch some of the world cup!
but I keep forgetting to look up what channel it is on..

(I have "blocked out" all the sports channels..(plus home shopping channels, spanish channels, CNBC, and anything else I cant stand) so they get automatically skipped as im channel surfing..
so I never accidently come across the World Cup..

have to make an effort to actually look it up..

Scot

:banana2::boogie::banana2:
Wow! That had to be one of the most painful games I've watched! How many different ways could we find to 'almost' score - including the not-offside, disallowed Dempsey goal....:crazy:

This forum's lack of interest in soccer seems to reflect the general view of USA & soccer. If only the game could incorporate more left turns ... :headwall:

When he took the elbow I thought it was over with... it seemed Algeria didn't want to win as much as they didn't want to lose

First group win since 1930!

:banana2:

I have seen way too many bad decisions made by refs so far in this cup...way too many!
US needs to concentrate more if they want to pass next round...you just can't miss chances like that at this level.

whose watching the game today. I play soccer and my goalie trainer played for the ghana national team so I get to mess with him a little bit he wasn't very confident in his team at first but he said they made it through. Prediction from me, 1 to 0 US gets one in the last five minutes of the first half. I hope i'm right in the us win part.

Well, I guess there are a 'few' USA soccer fans out there ... :-D

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jbn3rOPmR9w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jbn3rOPmR9w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It's time to move on after Ghana won 2-1. My wife caught me cheering Ghana's 2nd goal and I said it's because a friend of mine is married to a Ghanaian, has kids there and spends all his free time with Ghanaian charities. It's nice to see something go their way instead of the US's way. But another reason for my happiness is that we can finally get some decent media coverage of other teams. I like the Portuguese and Brazilian teams because one of the neighborhoods I walk through to work is heavily Portuguese and Brazilian and it's an awesome place to be when one of them wins a game. They played each other yesterday and people were already out in team colors when I walked by before 7 am and were still out and hollering outside the bars and restaurant when I came home after 4, long after the game. The Brazilians have won the World Cup twice since I moved here and that neighborhood was an amazing place to be afterwards. Despite the fact that my daughter, who will be a senior next year, has been playing soccer much of her life, I'm not a big fan of soccer because I don't have the same understanding of it that I have for sports like baseball, football and hockey. But I'm a big fan of soccer fans.

Back