What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera with good close ups

Hey Guys.
I was looking to get a rather good priced camera that takes good ultra close ups. Any suggestions. Anything in the $100 range or less??

Any example pics?????????

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

That camera got some bad reviews I just checked it out.

100_4246.jpg

This isn't even with the macro on.. I'm still learning how to use it.

That camera got some bad reviews I just checked it out.

Hey, if the price is right.. :bigthumpup:

I would like to see an example of the Macro setting and the distance from object

I would like to see an example of the Macro setting and the distance from object

lol.. I've got my work cut out for me to make this sale. Gimme some time, I'll work on it for you.

I would save and get something nicer if you are wanting to take up photography.

Here is a pic I took with my setup.

calycifida.jpg

Now keep in mind, these are just quick pics and nothing fancy pants. I used my other camera to show you how far away I was when I took the pics with the Vivitar.

Auto Mode:

IMAG0004.jpg

Macro Mode:

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

Almost a foot and a half away..

100_4250.jpg

100_4251.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

I would save and get something nicer if you are wanting to take up photography.

Here is a pic I took with my setup.

calycifida.jpg

That is truly amazing! I really wish I could afford something nicer.. but some of us are on budgets. That and I just blew all my money a 2 acre property and a greenhouse.

This beats my camera any day!

Wanna come over and take pics of every single one of my plants for me so I can update my website with some GOOD pics?

I would if I lived closer!

ahh.. it's only a 45 hour drive.

100$ factory refurbished Canon A590 and 30$ Opteka macro lens
(Caveat, this refurbished model is no longer available from Canon, you would probably have to Ebay)
Just another option to consider
cephmacro2.jpg

oreo_wasp2.jpg

but in this price range you can only do so much.... what you will encounter immediately is the need for strong lighting

AV

dang.. you guys are making my birthday present look like a p.o.s.. okay, $50 shipped.

I have a Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. I love it because I have no artistic ability and shaky hands and it manages to guess what the heck I was pointing at most all of the time. My wife is much better using it than I am. I just wish she would have interest in my plants and take the pics for me.

I can't remember what I paid for it. I don't think it was outrageous. $300 maybe??

ep2.jpg

Lighting is always an issue... with macro photography, depth of field can become an issue and it can take a lot of light to overcome this unless your subject is perfectly still and you have a good tripod

what ever you choose make sure you have the option of turning thr flash off. That way with a small tripod you can get better macros without blowing out the inside of the pitchers, etc.

Back