What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

killed a few pests!

Slugs, to more specific.. Found about 5 of them when I was working on the grow box today. But none of them compared to the size of this behemoth. Guess it's time to start working on slug removal methods.. :evil:

100_4341.jpg

I've fed snail eggs to neps before and they appeared the same as before, if not better looking. Iif you didn't use horrible pesticides on them to get rid of them, you could chop 'em up and feed 'em to your babies :D.

eh'.. I just cut them in half with a screwdriver and tossed them in the compost bucket. "Mess with the best, die like the rest." -What's the movie? Anyone, anyone..?

lol thats a baby slug compared to the ones i have roaming my greenhouse...slugbait is the best, but i have to keep my dog out of my greenhouse at all costs lol.

I've kept slugs as pets before. fed them old lettuce...
eh'.. I just cut them in half with a screwdriver and tossed them in the compost bucket.
:eek: Seems a little harsh for a creature just trying to survive! Oh well, I guess they don't have very good nervous systems anyway...

slug bait? You mean beer..?

Say, about how long do they get SirKristoff? The ones I had as pets definitaly were larger than the pic...

That one was just scrunched up.. It was photo shy apparently.

eh'.. I just cut them in half with a screwdriver and tossed them in the compost bucket. "Mess with the best, die like the rest." -What's the movie? Anyone, anyone..?

Hackers. Do I get your whole nepenthes collection as a prize? ;-)

lol next time i see one of the monsters ill get a photo of it.
i had one on the side of my greenhouse the other day approaching the 6 1/2" mark easily...
we have banana slugs, and thats what i see frequently, and they can get up to almost 10" so i have yet to see a monster of that size, and i dont really want to...

lol.. the slug is the school's mascot. The track team must be pissed.

Back