What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CP book release - order closes on 31 July

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Woot woot!

woah!!! Very very nice CIndy!! Congratulations. :D WOW! Looks great. You gotta show us some samples of the pages inside. :D

Congratulations to Cindy!! I have a feeling this is going to be a wonderful read for beginners and the experienced alike!

Thanks, everyone. :blush:

At 128 pages, it cannot be compared to other carnivorous plant books in terms of thickness and breadth of content. But it is the best I can offer at the moment with my experience and the publisher's requirements. It is also the first English language book about the cultivation of these exotic plants in the tropics, in particular, South East Asia.

Currently, it is available here but soon it will be on Amazon.com.

Btw, my first and most loyal fan at a tender 9-month... (p.s. she had completely destroyed that copy)

my_first_fan_1.jpg

my_first_fan_2.jpg

Awesome Cindy! I will order one once it's on Amazon I only wish I could get you to autograph it!

Thanks for the support, swords. What we can do is to organise an order for the books through the publisher instead of Amazon.com and they can be sent after they are signed. :beer:

We can explore how the books can be shipped i.e. individually or to a TF member who wouldn't mind helping to distribute them within USA...depending on which way is more cost effective.

Butch, you reading this? :poke:

Way, way cool! Congratulations Cindy.
Can't wait to get a copy.

Congrats Cindy! Can't wait to see this book!

Congratulations! I love how they posted your activity on TF too. Go TF!

Will be getting my copy when it hits the e-shelves! Gee I haven't had a good read in a long long time...

What we can do is to organise an order for the books through the publisher instead of Amazon.com and they can be sent after they are signed.
That would be great! :)

Hi peeps,

Butch as well as Chris (droseraguy) has agreed to help with signed copies so if anyone of you would like one, please add to the list here.

1. swords

I'll check out the postage...the book costs US$12.11 (excluding shipping), about 300g. If anyone would like me to address you by name e.g. Dear Butch (instead of Av8tor1)...or if you would just like the book signed, please feel free to let me know. :hug:

Only $12!!?? Don't you know CP books are supposed to start at $60 and go up? LOL :D

I'm very excited to check it out!

Btw, my first and most loyal fan at a tender 9-month... (p.s. she had completely destroyed that copy)

Did she thoroughly digest the material?

I would like a signed copy, but I am currently unknowing if I can afford one. I will possibly see my 13-year old finances(Referring to myself, not that I'm older and only had my fiances 13 years), but when I get back from vacation maybe I will get it!

Only $12!!?? Don't you know CP books are supposed to start at $60 and go up? LOL :D

I'm very excited to check it out!

It's $12 excluding shipping...once it is on Amazon.com, the total cost would be above $20...Hmmm, still not anywhere near $60. :-))

Actually, the price is pitched at half the price of "The Savage Garden" here...since it has about half the number of pages.

Did she thoroughly digest the material?
She crumpled every page she looked at. :-(

She had that look of, "I just can't put this book down".

Out of curiosity... was there a small section devoted to growing D. capensis in Sinagpore?

She loves books...though I can't be sure she loves to look at the text or simply to flip pages. :-))

Not exactly, but it is highlighted as one of the non-weed here. ;)

1. swords
2. Av8tor1 x2

:)

Back