What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday America

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_tBqrHMoTs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_tBqrHMoTs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:hail:
Av

America existed LONG before the declaration of independence. I enjoy the day off but I don't think it merits anything too special. Now Canada day on the other hand... they're awesome!

Make thermite! Blow stuff up! buy fireworks made in china! It all symbolizes... something that has to do with our country! Woot woot!

Ah Red!
Better sentiments from a better time...
when people believed in things and used their hearts, heads and hands!

Interesting in how Red has expressed the ideals behind the words, (Loved that guy! Funny and sincere at once.) describing the intentions and not just the ways we have fallen short of those goals/ideals.

Seeing Red reminds me how different the world seemed back then, as well as the people in it.
But indeed, the future is our future, good or bad.
So "Happy Birthday America..."
"and many more!"
I hope!

It may be from a bye gone era, but if this country is to endure the test of time this mans words will most likely will need to endure the test of time as well.

One statement that stood out that holds specific relavence to me in this day and age is this... "It's from the people to the leaders and not the leaders to the people."

Happy birthday America!

Last edited:
Back