What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Smilies?...

• Thread starter BurntSnow
  • Start date
i keep seeing these weird smilies on the forums of spiders, exploding, clapping, etc. that are not smilies available on here. Obviously, they are from somewhere. So, my question is where do I find them? I only found a couple on DevianArt, but none that I didn't already see.

When replying, click "Go Advanced." There's a box with smilies on the side (not the box of icons at the bottom, which are applied to the title of the post IIRC.) Click on the "more" link and a little window will pop up with codes for the extended set of smilies. But then, there are also some people who post their own, so you may occasionally come across some that aren't on the forums proper.
~Joe

The ones you mention are here, where the above mentioned...

:spider:
:spidersmile:
:clap:
except exploding... Maybe you mean one of the throw up ones?
:puke:
:puke2:

I'm not sure why which websites have them would be relevant. They're here; this is a website. There's no way of telling what other sites have copies of them other than by looking. If you see a smiley you don't recognize, you can right-click on it and get the URL/image address to see where it came from, but that's about as easy as it gets.
~Joe

With the exploding one, the smiley gets red and blows up. With the clapping one, the hands went way up high, and then down.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

With the exploding one, the smiley gets red and blows up. With the clapping one, the hands went way up high, and then down.
Seedjar, you're really being blunt about this. This is a website, but I keep needing to quote myself for you-
i keep seeing these weird smilies on the forums...that are not smilies available on here...
I don't see how it could get simpler. Yes, this is a website, but some aren't here.
And for the right-click thing, thanks for the info ;) .

Anyways, I'm still struggling to find a site with normal emoticons.

I guess I just don't understand what you're asking. If you can see the image, you have enough information to use it yourself; all you need is the URL.
~Joe

uhm, run a search for smilies. Then pick one of the millions of sites. Be ware though, many of those trick you into installing programs/tool bars and or hand out viruses....

adnedarn, K, thanks. Just search: "smileys"?

I keep my own stash..mostly for use on my webpages, but I sometimes use them in forums as well,
when a forums normal supply doesnt have anything that fits.

icon-hgtg.gif

although this forum seems to have a nice large smily supply..no real need to go outside.

Scot

Eh, sometimes I just think "I wish I could have a smiley for this" and it isn't on the more tab.

There are a lot of smilies online... just look hard enough. And when in doubt, I use some saved on my computer.

gamer4.gif

Back