What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new baby (& computer)

raccoon city

Supporter
My almost-32-year-old kid sister gave birth to a 7lb 14oz baby girl earlier today, at 8:12pm PST. The baby's name is Alice Rosemary. So now I have a total of 5 nieces and 1 nephew. I don't have any kids myself, but I do have a Cardigan Welsh Corgi that I am financially responsible for. :) Also my new gaming computer was delivered via UPS today. I'll probably open the package tomorrow. So there you have it; new baby for my sister and new computer for me. It's officially time (for me) to celebrate. :jester: For my sister and her fiance, it's time to rest in the hospital. And the best news of all, the baby is healthy. Actually, when the baby was born, she had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and the baby's head was blue! But the doctors unwrapped the umbilical cord and Alice Rosemary is doing just fine now. I hope that my sister and her new family will continue to be happy and healthy. This must be Thursday; I never could get the hang of Thursdays. :)

Congrats to both of you!

What are the specs of your new PC?

Mine overheated and fried a week or two ago so I'll be buying a new one for digital audio composing and photoshop work, just not sure when I can afford it or what to get. I know I want to get one that can have like 24 GB or more of ram for the composing software as the more the merrier with the East West Studio stuff.

I ordered the new PC from www.cyberpowerpc.com. Here are some of the interesting parts/specs:

CASE: * AZZA Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
FAN: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
HDD: 30 GB Kingston 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (* Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (1TB x 2 (1TB Capacity) Raid 1 High Performance with Data Security)
MOTHERBOARD: * GigaByte GA-890GPA-UD3H AMD 890GX Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 Ultra Durable™3 ATX w/ Built-in Integrated ATI Graphic Video,HDMI,DVI,7.1 Audio,GbLAN,IEEE1394,USB3.0,SATA-III,RAID,2 Gen2 PCIe,3 PCIe X1,&2 PCI
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (A-Data Gaming Series with Heat Spreader)
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: Corsair Gaming Power Supplies (* 750 Watts CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready)
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

I will also be getting a HD LCD monitor via UPS soon, an ASUS VH242H 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Only 4GB of RAM for my new computer. My 9-year-old computer died about a month ago when the power went out for a few minutes. I think my old computer only needed a new power supply, but I decided to finally just buy a new computer. Also, I forgot to mention that my new computer is supposed to be overclocked by up to 30%. I have never overclocked a computer, so I let CyberPower do that for me.

Back