What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

atlanta botanical garden

hello tf,

im out in the atlanta area for a week, does the atlanta botanical garden have a nice display of carnivorous plants worth going to visit.

kgrudz

Man, I wish I knew that when I was in Georgia!
Ah well...I did get to see the whale sharks at the Aquarium!

been a few years but it was awesome, the nep house... the outside bog gardens, etc
In the highland house next to the nep room a Kiwi ran across the path just in front of me... at least I think it was a Kiwi

amazing place

Plan on being there for a while :)

Last edited:
well looks like ill be going. ill be sure to take plenty of pictures for everyone

what's a kiwi?

slang for new zealander but in this case the flightless NZ bird ;)
Lays an egg that is 75% of its body wieght.... you would be rare too LOL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdUUx5FdySs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdUUx5FdySs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ah.

There was a Kiwi in the HL house? I MUST go!

edit.
omg, Butch, that short makes me cry nonstop!

Last edited:
I've been to it. GOGOGO. It has Sarracenia bogs, lots of Neps, and even has Heliamphoras.

Yep, it is pretty nice, the Highland house is much larger and it all is worth going to see. I live in ATL so I have been there several times :)

i love how the nep pictured is titled N. gymnamphora but its actually a lowii hybrid...probably veitchii x lowii

Kiwi? Damn... I've seen little birds that I thought were some sort of quail but no kiwi :(

Their conservatory is... incredible. Their landscapes outside and bogs are incredible, too... the only problem is they're at their prime in the Summer and you'll think you've gone to the ninth layer of Hell if you're not used to Ga summers...

Awesome orchids, too, and epiphytes of every kind, mosses, etc. The fuqua conservatory is really my favorite part of the whole place.... I could spend days in there.

If you like Chihuly's work (I know I do), then you'll enjoy the scultpures and chandeliers, too.

A double you e s oh m e.

Did you go?

In the highland house next to the nep room a Kiwi ran across the path just in front of me... at least I think it was a Kiwi

Twarnt no kiwi Av. Thems is quail. :-D

ABG has a wonderful CP collection. I spent so much time there and I was as in awe of it on my last trip as I was on my first.

I was down there for a baseball tournament and i was so busy i only had time to visit the Georgia Aquarium (worlds largest). The aquarium was so awesome! they had some of the coolest things including whale sharks!!!

Back