What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come Be My Friend

So how's everything with everyone? Just dropped by to invite you to be my friend on Facebook where I've put up lots of photo's from my FORMER collection. Sundew enthusiasts should enjoy the rare photos of Drosera uniflora, not many good shots on the net of that one, and boy do I know why!!! I believe anyone can access this folder, facebooker's or not. Please enjoy, and I ask that the photo's not be used without credit. Lordy, for what I went through to grow this baby I deserve credit!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42006&id=1506256054&l=636198b8dc

To get to the other folders, you got to befriend me on FB. I kept seeing my work on a lot of websites with no credit for my photos, so this is better for me. Otherwise all my pointy teeth get ground round.

Not many names are edited into the folders yet, but the plants are beautiful. I'm not so big on names anymore. As time goes by I'll try to do that. Nowdays this is about all I can share. Health issues have improved for me, I have the use of my fingers again, and renewed energy.....sort of itching to grow again. Maybe next season.

Be well and please remember to share the plants freeeeeely. The Tamlin effect still works better than buying, selling and trading ever will if you want to build a collection.

Much love to all,
William "Tamlin" Dawnstar

Hi Tamlin!

So good to hear from you again and I'm so glad that your health is improving.

good to see yah man, its been awhile!

It has been awhile, but like I always said ypu guys are never far from my thoughts. Thanks for the kind words.
I hope to be around a little more now that I'm getting on my feet again!!

:hug: good to see yah bud!

Congrats on your improved health! I hope to get to know you in the future.

Wow, lots of friends coming to my FB!!! Thanks to all for the honor!

Well if I had one I would but alas I've simplified my "status" to deleted. Glad to see you here !

Welcome back to the internet and the hobby!

Yeah, for those of you that don't have a facebook account, it's worth creating one to see these great pictures!!!! absolutely amazing plants. not sure what temperatures you grew your D. ascendens in, but they look perfect! They seem to be too heat sensitive to do well for me at this time.

Brilliant to hear from one of the biggest names in the CP world!

CPlantaholic, you are too kind! All my South American species loved it here in upstate NY, right on the shore of Lake Ontario. The key is our good humidity and a dependable night time drop in temp 5-10 degrees depending on the time of year. Only July and August were the nights to warm to afford that drop, and then I brought the trays down in my cool large cellar for the night, returning them outside in the morning. Frequent top watering with pure water kept in the fridge, and FULL sun. One single hot night I slipped up and in the morning lost them all along with many Heliamphora. Roots MUST stay cool!

Fish30 AM I one of the biggest names in the CP world, really? You make me blush. No, I'm just hard to ignore. You can love me or you can hate me but you can't ignore me. Hope you make it to facebook!

LOL! When you're on TF, I have 3 pages of posts to look at. When you're not there, there are only 2 pages of posts to look at. Back in the day, you would have like 16 posts. Darcie would have 16 posts, Spectabilis, Flytrapgurl, and Nepenthes Gracilis would a bunch more...

You know, back when Phill Mann visited me in the 70's he brought a slide show of Australian droserae. I had only seen about 26 colored cp photos back then. That slideshow dropped my jaw, and it remains open to this very day, as you have noticed.

Great pics! : )

Please enjoy, and I ask that the photo's not be used without credit. Lordy, for what I went through to grow this baby I deserve credit!
The only way you will always get the credit you deserve is to watermark your images. Before I started watermarking, various images of mine were stolen and used all across the net. Even on ebay and Amazon.

David

Yeah, but I have a lot of photos, and I don't care for the watermark look. I don't mind if they are reposted or used, just want people to be honorable, and not just regarding my photo's. I don't think it's too much to ask for. It's all good if it promotes interest in CP cultivation, and I don't want a few bad apples depriving the community, but some people will always do as they will, I realize this too.

Tamlin. Good friend, you have returned!!

If I had FaceBook I would friend you but allas, I do not even have enough time to keep up with just email, this forum and my snake forum.

But I am sure I will see you around here when I make my weekly stops in :) You have been missed, to be sure.

Glad to hear you are on the mend as well. :)

Tamlin. Good friend, you have returned!!

If I had FaceBook I would friend you but allas, I do not even have enough time to keep up with just email, this forum and my snake forum.

But I am sure I will see you around here when I make my weekly stops in :) You have been missed, to be sure.

Glad to hear you are on the mend as well. :)
Well said. Due to occupational time consumption, plant care & a few summer recreation activities, I haven't been around as much as I would like. Since my available time is already constrained, I've also never joined the massive time-suck known as Facebook - sorry. Just judging from the past, I suspect that the pic collection is fantastic - sorry I can't see them.

It's great to see that your health is improving - congratulations! Whatever you're doing - keep on doing it!

Back