What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few Sarrs and common dews

Here are a few Sarrs I took some pics of, and then a little minibog I made with some dews and Red Dragon VFT.

S. alata 'Covington, LA'
P1080809.jpg

New S. x 'purple people eater' pitcher opened! I love this plant!!
P1080810.jpg

Minibog
P1080811.jpg

D. filiformis var. trayci
P1080812.jpg

Red Dragon VFT
P1080813.jpg

What's amazing is the plants in the minibog (filiformis and filiformis var tracyi and vft red dragon) were in very poor shape when I received them from the place I ordered. However given some TLC, they have responded amazingly well! enjoy the pics, the purple people eater has to be my new all-time favorite pitcher plant, for now!

I like purple people eater. On the pic here, it looks similar to Judith Hindle. Is it?

It's actually quite different. Judith Hindle from what I've seen (don't own one) has a smaller hood, whereas the purple people eater is much wider and flared. Also, in strong light, the purple people eater has strong red veining running down the whole length of the leaf/pitcher whereas the judith hindle seems to go to a solid green about halfway down. Finally, the growth is like that of S. purpurea in that it has a central growth point and pitchers emerge from that, and they aren't as erect as a Judith Hindle, but aren't as flat as a purpurea. Also I would say coloration is a little more vivid in the purple people eater versus the Judith Hindle, the pictures really don't do it justice. Everytime someone sees my cp collection outdoors the first plant they notice now is the purple people eater, out of many sarrs and vft. It's a stunning plant and in the future as it grows and I get divisions I'll offer some to people here on the forum.

Nice specimens!

Nice looking plants!

TLC is a major factor in growing nice looking plants! The more you care about them, the more you try to give them what they need and the more they will respond. Congratulations to you on your good growing!

TLC is a major factor in growing nice looking plants! The more you care about them, the more you try to give them what they need and the more they will respond. Congratulations to you on your good growing!

LOL! Works that with humans as well! Vulcans seem indifferent....

Back