What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You'll either be completely for or completely against this. . .

• Thread starter JB in Utah
  • Start date
If he weren't advocating using "abundant wild pitchers" i'd say by all means, it's a great idea.
Someone sitting at home can try it. It's nothing I'd ever do though. :lol:

Interesting...

Just like grandma used to make...

I saw this page or one similar to it years ago, I'd definitely try it!

in thailand, i see most of them use n.ampullaria, add some dried shrimp underneath the pitcher and some smashed peanuts on it, it will taste more good!!!!

If I had some more Nep pitchers, I'd totally try this! Sounds really similar to something we call zhongzi (which is sticky rice with + fillings like pork and those little dried shrimp wrapped in bamboo leaves). :)

I tried this with ampullaria pitchers last year, the rice was awesome, the pitcher.....not so much......the word "Chewy" comes to mind. :thumbdown:

I've seen pics of HUGE N. ampullaria done like that. My best friend/old room mate said he's seen them in thailand where he was raised but never ate them.

I don't think I'd eat them unless the pitchers were collected before they opened... or if they had a plastic bag/net around them while the firm up.

The article was interesting. One question though - just what does "munchy" taste like?

Back