What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just can't stay healthy this year!

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
Over the course of a few day's I started getting severe pain in my left leg and it got to the point where I could barely walk and my lower leg muscles were frozen up. Them my leg started swelling and turning red. It was then that I went to the emergency room. I found out I had a blood clot in the back of my knee. It's the bad kind that can cause a embolism when a piece of the clot breaks off and hit's the lungs, heart, brain etc. It can kill. I have a genetic predisposition for clot's.
So now I have to give myself a shot of blood thinner in the stomach everyday for 6 day's(I HATE needles) and am on a blood thinner pill. It hurts like hell to walk.
So, this year I have had a pseudo tumor of the eye, a type 3 separated shoulder, and a severe blood clot. I hope this is the end of my health probs.
Anyway, on a more upbeat note my neps are growing like crazy from all the sun this year.:)
Peace,
Zero

Eep ._. Atleast they caught it now..
I'm wishing you well.
:hug:

got an uncle that suffers from the same sorta thing.....not fun, hope yah heal up quick....

Dang...sorry to hear that dude. You need to find you a patch of four-leaf clovers, stat!

That sucks. My dad had to do the stomach shot thing a few different sessions after his various heart surgeries & clot removals. His belly looked like a map with dark and light colored splotches all over.

That really sucks, heres hoping you heal real soon. Glad they caught the blod clot in time {{{shudder}}}
How did you seperate your shoulder? did that once and even though it's not life threatening it hurt like hell.

Nasty, sorry to hear it dude. I recently reopened a should separation tossing around in bed. x.x But I originally got it wrestling, so like, that's cool, right?
~Joe

I seperated my shoulder mountain biking. It's a type 3 separation where all the tendons ligaments? snapped. I now have a big bump on my shoulder where the bone is and it still huts to lift anything with that arm.
My sister, cousin, mother, grandfather, and great aunt have all had blood clots. It's from a genetic thing called factor 5 leiden.
Thanks,
Zero

So are damaged people drawn to CPs or do CPs damage people? It's been one tale of woe after another for the last several days. I'm not making light of everyone's troubles and you're all in my thoughts, but holy crap; there's a lot of suffering here. Good luck with everything you're facing, Zero and everyone else.

Being sick is like being brokedown at a bad rest stop and it's not easy to remember that this is just a stop, it's not the trip but this is the case - This too will pass in time as everything must! Hang in there!!!

Back