Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor's pit bull attacked my dog!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man Im so sorry for you and your dog. I hae a yr old boston terrier and I cant even imagine anyhthing like this happening. You seem to be handling it really well though. Its confusing when things liek this happen because its the owners fault not the dog, but you kinda get mad at both. I hope everything works out for all of youand tha your dog heals up back to 100% soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry this is happening to you and your family. Seeing those pictures of Garth just makes my heart sink. This "Jason" person should really be dealt with, I hope the court trial goes well and that both of your dogs and your family recover from "Jason" and his dog.

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't trust pit bulls and never will. There have been far too many accidents, sometimes involving people... that have ended very badly. If I ever saw a pit bull in my yard showing aggression I would not think twice to end it. Heck, I would shoot the dog AND sue.

I do believe part of this is the owner's fault, but let's be honest here... a dog with that kind of aggression has no business being a pet. They are too wild and unpredictable. There is something terribly wrong with another dog busting through a fence, going onto turf that is not his or hers, and almost killing the other dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will trust some pits, very few though, my brother had one i would trust with my kids' lives, he did a heck of alot of research and bought one from a good breeder though......properly bred pit should have almost no human aggression......his was a hell of a cowdog for moving his pissy 1500 pound bulls around, that dog saved his life more than once......most pits around though come from backyard breeders that dont care bout breeding for proper temperament and thats where the problems come from.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @baylorguy: while they seem aggressive and intimidating, they are very loving and affectionate animals as well. they get a bad rap and people naturally assume the worse. doesn't help that a lot of people get them for that aggression and encourage it. as humans, we are far more vicious and brutal, but should we condemn all of humanity for the errors of some? my friend runs a pit bull rescue and its sad to see how these animals are mistreated based on stereotypes and whatnot. heck, he was even attacked once, but he doesn't fault the animal. if you hear some of the stories of the abuse they take, you might just understand their behavior; its at times more out of fear and defensiveness than out of aggression. its always sad to find such hostility towards animals when its as much our fault for breeding them and encouraging to become what they have become. all in all, their aggression is blown out of proportion and is more perception than reality.

to the original poster. hope everything goes well with your dog. these type of stories are never something you want to hear about happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry for what has happened to your dog, and I hope that the owner of the offending dog is dealt with accordingly.

Also; my two cents is such: I have a pitbull/blue heeler. He is THE sweetest dog ever. He is super hyper, but loves to play, is gentle, and just completely amazing.
    Also, he is such a silly dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had too many photos for one post, so please see posts #31 & #32
    Last edited by raccoon city; 03-07-2011 at 05:13 AM.

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zlookup View Post
    @baylorguy: while they seem aggressive and intimidating, they are very loving and affectionate animals as well. they get a bad rap and people naturally assume the worse. doesn't help that a lot of people get them for that aggression and encourage it. as humans, we are far more vicious and brutal, but should we condemn all of humanity for the errors of some? my friend runs a pit bull rescue and its sad to see how these animals are mistreated based on stereotypes and whatnot. heck, he was even attacked once, but he doesn't fault the animal. if you hear some of the stories of the abuse they take, you might just understand their behavior; its at times more out of fear and defensiveness than out of aggression. its always sad to find such hostility towards animals when its as much our fault for breeding them and encouraging to become what they have become. all in all, their aggression is blown out of proportion and is more perception than reality.

to the original poster. hope everything goes well with your dog. these type of stories are never something you want to hear about happening.
    I agree people always hear about the worst stories, and I readily acknowledge there are plenty of pit bulls out there that are probably sweet animals. I can tell you of at least two instances of a pitbull attacking and killing a child where I grew up... and many more of nasty injuries. I know pit bulls can be trained to be loyal dogs, but it is their disposition toward aggression and the fact that, once they latch on, they won't let go until their "prey" is dead, that erodes my trust. I don't think it is a coincidence that some people buy pit bulls for the awful sport of dog fighting... it is because they were bred to fight and have extremely powerful jaws. In other words, IF they decide to attack, the results are often catastrophic.

Anyway, I am sorry that ANY dog has to get hurt like this. Whether it is the owner's fault, the dog's fault or both, the dog is clearly out of control and should be dealt with.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    that pit needs to be shot......
    Agreed.
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/02/p...from-attacker/

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I cried as well.

Killing this dog could be a mistake with things in court.
    How bout a stun gun. ZZZZZZZZt.

I own two beautiful pits and completely side with you.

Stun guns work on loud mouth owner-****** types.

My condolences to you and your family.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast