User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor's pit bull attacked my dog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about your state, but IN has a leash law. It gives you legal authority to shoot, or dispose of in any way you see fit, any trespassing dog.

That included the neighbor's dog that lived 1/2 mile away, came over here, and wouldn't let me out my own back door some years ago. It also included several other dogs that have come through my yard over the years and terrorized my own dogs, cats, yard birds, goats (at the time), etc. I have an electric fence, but they still chased them from the other side.

Your neighbor is lucky I'm not living next door to him. The "dangerous dog" would already be dead. Kind of late after the fact now and you have mounding vet bills. So sue him for your vet bills. You have photos. Go get him.

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Gardener View Post
    The "dangerous dog" would already be dead.

David
    here the cops would have put it down by now if you hadnt......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    This right here tell the whole story.
    Piss poor owner is all i have to say. As a soon to be Vet tech I hate to say this but that Terrier is far out of control.

Hope your dog has a speedy recovery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate that vicious dog just looking at it. I am so sorry for you and my heart and love goes out to you and your sweet dog. I hope that your dog has a full recovery. I say get that vicious dog taken care of and gotten rid of, even if you have to do it yourself because that dog also poses a threat to you and your family, not just your dog, which I understand fully as an animal owner myself is also family as well.
    I also say sue the owners of that thing. You shouldn't have to pick up the vet bill.

My best wishes go out to you and your lovely dog again and always.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man Im so sorry for you and your dog. I hae a yr old boston terrier and I cant even imagine anyhthing like this happening. You seem to be handling it really well though. Its confusing when things liek this happen because its the owners fault not the dog, but you kinda get mad at both. I hope everything works out for all of youand tha your dog heals up back to 100% soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry this is happening to you and your family. Seeing those pictures of Garth just makes my heart sink. This "Jason" person should really be dealt with, I hope the court trial goes well and that both of your dogs and your family recover from "Jason" and his dog.

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't trust pit bulls and never will. There have been far too many accidents, sometimes involving people... that have ended very badly. If I ever saw a pit bull in my yard showing aggression I would not think twice to end it. Heck, I would shoot the dog AND sue.

I do believe part of this is the owner's fault, but let's be honest here... a dog with that kind of aggression has no business being a pet. They are too wild and unpredictable. There is something terribly wrong with another dog busting through a fence, going onto turf that is not his or hers, and almost killing the other dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will trust some pits, very few though, my brother had one i would trust with my kids' lives, he did a heck of alot of research and bought one from a good breeder though......properly bred pit should have almost no human aggression......his was a hell of a cowdog for moving his pissy 1500 pound bulls around, that dog saved his life more than once......most pits around though come from backyard breeders that dont care bout breeding for proper temperament and thats where the problems come from.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast