What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you try mine. I'll try yours" strange sandwich"

• Thread starter uphwiz
  • Start date

uphwiz

jimmy
I'm having lunch while I thumb through the forum.
My favorite , mayonnaise one side, cheese (any kind),
grape jam other side, on any bread.:-O yum yum!
I love this combo , don't know where i got the idea, but I've been doing it for years.
What's your favorite odd/strange sandwich? :eek:

Peanut butter and pickle sandwich. ;)

Yuck!

Not sure if this qualifies for a sandwich, but one of my friends who runs a fantasy football league has a neighbor who is in the league who makes smoked beef brisket.

That's not so strange, but we put it on a flour tortilla, add some barbecue, and then cole slaw. I have never seen this before, but it was very good. I don't really even like cole slaw due to the mayonaise but I will eat it when prepared like this.

Grilled cheese with peanut butter nets me some strange looks. But I don't think it's so really strange... I never had it at my house as a kid, but lots of my friends would have peanut butter, apple and cheese sandwiches, and it's pretty much the same principle, except melty and hot and sublime.
~Joe

I guess I don't eat strange sandwiches.

For lunch before work I'm having pastrami seasoned turkey, romaine lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion and ranch dressing on sourdough bread.

When I was living with roomates and was more broke than I am now, we had mac & cheese softshell tacos. I hate mac & cheese, it's always reminded me of Taun-Taun guts.

Eastern European...obligatory liverwurst & pickles :-D
mushroom liverwurst & neufchatel cheese comes in at a close second :banana2:

Eastern European...obligatory liverwurst & pickles :-D
mushroom liverwurst & neufchatel cheese comes in at a close second :banana2:

I go for liverwurst and mustard. ;)

One of my fav sandwiches is with gouda cheese, hardboiled eggs, canned tuna (in olive oil), chopped onions, slasaus (kind of mayonaise but less fat and more acidic).

Peanut butter, Egg, Ham&Cheese :D

Grilled cheese with grapes and ketchup >.>
I think grape jam would also work.

Only had the courage to brave that combo once, but it was totally awesome.

Wow lol... I really dont eat strange sandwiches, reubens are where its at though... Or spaghetti(sauce and all)on buttered bread

I myself don't really eat strange sandwiches, but I recall that one of my school friends (who happens to be on TerraForums) ate a sandwich with a breaded chicken patty, a chocolate chip cookie, ketchup, mayonnaise, taco sauce, mustard, barbecue sauce (and a few other things) on regular hamburger buns all dipped in chocolate milk.

My "monster Mash" or AKA "Bug Juice" sannich: Smash thawed frozen blueberries and half a banana together, then add peanut butter (or cashew if you can find any), sliced almonds or pecan bits and a couple chocolate chips. Do NOT look at the sandwich, it will look disgusting, hence the names.

PBJfBPCc: Peanut butter, jam, fried banana (topped in brown sugar), pecan bits, chocolate chip.

Another favorite, not so odd: Bread, deli mustard, one or two collard green layers (de-veined), one slice fried Spam, Sriraka (spelling?) hot chili garlic sauce to taste, marinated chicken boob strips, catsup, mayo, bread. Very filling, yet light; good on-the-water food.

lil stinkpot all of your "sannich" combos sound great ill have to try them all, yum yum.
so far all the sandwich combos sound like something i will try except the liverwurst, yuck that tastes bad just
typing it.:puke2:

Don't make me crave liverwurst; I'm on a diet!

ive got a new sandwich for you to try . pan fried breaded flufernutter and banana.
cut away crust white bread, put peanut butter and sliced bananas on one side and marshmallow cream on other side close, roll in flour , then in egg then in panco bread crumbs, fry on med low heat, till golden brown .drain on paper towel, and cool about 4 to 5 min , delicious.

lmao that is a heart attack waiting to happen! love it

well i did use honey wheat bread:blush: ,isnt that healthy:nono: LOL

I like peanut butter and crumbled bacon on sourdough. Mmmmm.

Back