What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turface

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I know that some growers here use Turface for their CP's. I've been wanting to try it for some time but could not locate a source. That was some time ago and the past few days been trying to locate some again and finally found a place that can get it for me.

Before I order some I want to know how you people like it?

Which type is it? I see Turface has a few different kinds. From what little I could find on the net, it looks like the Turface MVP is what I want?

I know that some growers here use Turface for their CP's. I've been wanting to try it for some time but could not locate a source. That was some time ago and the past few days been trying to locate some again and finally found a place that can get it for me.
Lesco sells it for $11-12/50# bag. From what I can tell - same as APS. There are some other threads on the stuff here on Terra...

Which type is it? I see Turface has a few different kinds. From what little I could find on the net, it looks like the Turface MVP is what I want?
When I went to the distributor, they had 2 types - one had granules & one was like sand iirc. I got the granules & the bag is labeled as 'All Sport'.

Suppliers:
http://www.turface.com/distributors

MVP has larger and somewhat varied particle size than their others, and without any dye/coloration. Their other products have tinier particle size, almost like large sand particles. I have used it for some time now. Really like it as a portion of my planting media, however can't say it is actually better as far as growth goes, but the media is nice to work with.
Wash/soak it to get rid of excess dust, and washing media is good practice and reduces the risk of any chance of salts or other "bad mojo".

Personally, I haven't had any problems, and I like it better than perlite. Not as light compared to equal volume of perlite, but lighter than sand. The large particle size of the MVP makes it a nice addition, holding water but allowing drainage.

Mine is labeled Truface "All Sport" and looks, feels and performs identically to APS

very good stuff!!

Thanks for the info.

"All Sport" must have been replaced by another type as that is not listed on their website.

I'll go ahead and order some of the MVP.

MVP

I think All-Sport is now MVP, as it too looks identical to APS.
I am sure they all are of use, just a matter of size.

Back