What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liz's Re-Did Grow Space: Now 3x More Efficent!!! :D

Huh...pro's use duct tape, foil, and walmart lights? Well alrighty then! :boogie:

Fantablous! They'll be giants by the end of the winter having a nice home like that.

looks kewl liz!

Thanks guys :3

A very quick update on the Raff Giant Zu gave me:
DSCF5783.jpg

DSCF5786.jpg

It's first pitcher finally popped :3

And also, my Mirabilis is being a beast.
DSCF5787.jpg

I'm so glad I finally bought that clamp light today- my greenhouse has been warm. And humid. But not enough to stop my Bical from aborting it's latest pitcher :cry:

I'm thinking I'll do a proper update of stuff by the end of next week, after getting some helis and my CZ order. It also gives time for my few current newbs to put their game face on :p

I got my talangensis to pitcher within the first 2 months of getting, but I've never gotten my numerous bicals to pitcher. If me being a loser makes you feel any better..

Aww dear, you're not a loser.

As far as I can tell..they're like, super lowlanders.
Mine sulked when I first got it for a couple months in early Spring. It didn't start pitchering though, until it began really heating up, and from then up until now, it's pitchered without fail. So we're talking 90s during the day and humidity that was atleast 70%, likely way higher.

Bicals have a temperature preference that that leads me to believe that they may actually come from hell instead of Borneo..... this would explain the fangs as well. ;)

Surprise Update!!

Kay, so the rest of the stuff will go on as scheduled, but I just had to share this gem!!
I was in Home Depot and on my walk over to get more moss for incoming Helis, I couldn't help but notice a wilted Nepenthes hanging from the rafters.
Afaik, they haven't even had VFTs in, and certainly never had death cubes like Lowes. So I was excited, even though it was well on its way to dying :lol:
All of the pitchers were browned and the leaves were cracking and it was really a sorry mess.
From what I can tell of the pitchers, it's a Miranda. It's got like, 4+ growth points!
Oddly enough, the register boy recognized me from my last trip there. He's an odd one- rather pretty looking, but hiding behind mirrored sunglasses and bearing a nametag that says "Joe Cool". He gave me a ridiculous deal on "the pitcher plant". As he rung me up, his friend asked me what it was and I proudly gave him a condensed spewl, ending with a grin that *may* have been slightly crazy cause I was so thrilled. Wide-eyed, he asked "where do you learn this?" My answer was simple: 'internets.' and I skipped away.

After removing all the dead pitchers, the worst leaves, and repotting it into a loose mix, I present you with this. It already looks 100% better, believe it or not.

DSCF5792.jpg

DSCF5789.jpg

DSCF5788.jpg

Iz Tyme Fo ^dayts :awesome:

My raging, out of control HL/Int collection of Neps:
DSCF5813.jpg

Spider Molt that looks like an octopus! :oops:
DSCF5811.jpg

And from a distance..
DSCF5810.jpg

And another one a couple pots over in my thriving Capensis Alba!
DSCF5809.jpg

OMG, teh emptiness D':
DSCF5807.jpg

Redid Sarr Table from this angle...(who like's muh knife? :3)
DSCF5806.jpg

And now from this one.
DSCF5805.jpg

Table of Titans! :D
DSCF5804.jpg

VFTs has their own chair nao.
DSCF5803.jpg

Sundews and Pings! Huzzah!
DSCF5802.jpg

I love this little Albo. It's my only nepenthes that hasn't disappointed me, EVER.
DSCF5800.jpg

Inside the outside greenhouse.
DSCF5799.jpg

Outside greenhouse..
DSCF5798.jpg

A most precious cobra lily.
DSCF5797.jpg

My first Helis :3
DSCF5796.jpg

Last edited:
Because Zu is Amazing!
DSCF5853.jpg

Thank you again sooooo much!!

Ain't it cute?!
There'll be helis coming up at the end of the week, too!

Aww thanks :)

HELIS ARE HERE!!
DSCF5856.jpg

DSCF5858.jpg

DSCF5859.jpg

Pwetty helis!

Holy crap!! You could lose my entire heli collection in just one of those pitchers.. VERY NICE!

:blush: :-D

You guys are far too kind!!

Teehee...I know Travis...my pre-existing little collection could get swallowed by any of them, too :p

Those are tiny, I would complain :p

Ummmm I'm curious, do those containers have drain holes?
I know of some that do well with their helis sitting in water.... but its never really worked for me.

ymmv :p

Oh, you! :lol:

They don't have drain holes, no, but they're not waterlogged. Imma do good. :-D

I mysteriously felt Av sorta calling me out for some reason so I showed up to this thread and voila! Your new helis are super :drool: liz....

Hehe, thank you, thank you miss. Of course, the credit goes to the ever generous man that so excellently grew these ;)

Back