What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liz's Re-Did Grow Space: Now 3x More Efficent!!! :D

Your plants will definitely grow some awesome pitchers now they will have had a full season of acclimation.

You have purpurea purpurea! :rant: Why can I not find this plant anywhere? I think it might be the only Sarracenia that could deal with the climate up here, but we'll have to see!

:awesome: Very nice, Liz!

Looking good Liz!

I used to keep cuban treefrogs....VERY agressive eaters. :0o:

So I've read! Seems their attitude is "If it fits, it's ate!", including small birds and other CTFs :lol:

So I've read! Seems their attitude is "If it fits, it's ate!", including small birds and other CTFs :lol:

I once had a male that kept trying to eat a female twice his size....it was distubing. :-))

BTW....they only get black thumbs during breeding season....it wouldn't have them this time of year.

Oh? Hm. Well, okies then. But the males aren't generally in the 4"+ range, right?

Oh? Hm. Well, okies then. But the males aren't generally in the 4"+ range, right?

It probably is a female, males usually max out at 3in, females max out at 5in.

End of the Year Perspective Shots

Nepenthes
Way Before:
DSCF5516.jpg

Before:
DSCF5799.jpg

Now:
DSCF6702.jpg

DSCF6703.jpg

DSCF6704.jpg

Sarrcenia/Flytraps

Before:
DSCF1717.jpg

Now:
DSCF6706.jpg

DSCF6707.jpg

DSCF6708.jpg

DSCF6709.jpg

DSCF6710.jpg

HL Space
Before:
DSCF5640.jpg

Now:
DSCF6712.jpg

All that outdoor space. :drool:

Good growin'!

Lookin' good!

Quite an impressive collection :)

Big Changes For The New Year!!! :-D

So, my dad's been in one of his "moods", where he is like..super cleaning tymez!
He got rid of the busted TVs, and the jacuzzi got broken down and taken out as well. Unfortunately...I didn't get to keep the bottom "pool" of it to turn into a S. Purpurea minibog...but he DID compromise!
He saved the bottom of the frame, split it, and turned it into two tray-tables for my Sarracenia in exchange for surrendering the wrought iron table I had taken over.
I also managed to keep all the good styrofoam insulation sheets from the jacuzzi. I'll be using those to create a proper HL terrarium :grin: One thing at a time, though.

Before:
DSCF5572.jpg

Now:
DSCF6715.jpg

Before:
DSCF5518.jpg

Now:
DSCF6719.jpg

Who knew there was a deck down there? :-O

The new tables!!! Super extra tons of lots of space!!
Species table:
DSCF6720.jpg

Hybrid table:
DSCF6724.jpg

I still have cleaning to do, but it's not too bad for a day, eh?
All that hard work though was brutal on me, especially my ankles, so now I'm stumbling around like a hobbled T-Rex. :(
Tomorrow we'll be going to WalMart for pond liners for the tables and water. I'll also be making covers for the table to keep the mosquitoes out. And uh :scratch: do something with my chicken wire to repel the friggin squirrels.
I'll be saving the old trays and using them for sundews and pings, and one big tray for growing LFS instead of the little shoebox I use right now.

ALSO, with the table on the patio, mom and dad were out admiring the new view, and dad FINALLY noticed just how rotten that :censor: tree is that makes my growing suffer so hard. He pouted, cause he really doesn't want to cut it, but finally sees that it needs to be done!! The only thing that cheered him up was that he'd get some guy to carve the trunk into a dolphin. And I was like "COULD IT BE LOLITA (an orca I hold very dear to me)?" and he was like "You know, I bet he could do that!"

Oh jeez, I'm so excited :-D
:spazz:

OMG! you turned 1 picture in 5 totally different pictures!!""""!!!!
j/k, it looks great, i wish i had so much proper outside place for cp's

New Windowsill Collection! :awesome:

Mi Abuela gave me a nice chunk of dinero for Christmas. As you can see, I put it to good use.

DSCF6785.jpg

DSCF6787.jpg

DSCF6790.jpg

DSCF6791.jpg

QoH x Kos... seems like I'm the only TFer who doesn't have one!

Beautiful Neps! Congrats on buying them:).

Your spect x aristo looks better than mine! No fair! ;)

Back