What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liz's Re-Did Grow Space: Now 3x More Efficent!!! :D

I see a lowii......;)

Oooo Getting some good neps! Best of luck in growing them. I'm a little jealous. :)

Oooh nice I didn't see your latest cutie little pics! They're so cute :love: I hope they grow up to be beasts!

Aww! You've got some of my favorites there :D

My lowii looks just like yours...but I hope yours grows faster than mine does. Be sure to keep us updated with the progress of these little cuties!

:blush: Why thank you all! I'm very happy with these cuties and know they'll grow up nicely!
Of course, at this stage, the compliments deserve to go to JJ, as all I did was unpack them out of the box :lol:

I love the water jugs!

Current notes:
-Squirrels dug up my VFT minibog AGAIN. This is the second time in less than a week, but this time, they were nice enough to dig around my VFTs, and just bury them >.< Chicken wire is going up TODAY.
-Definitely need atleast screening or plastic to cover the tables. You see that? Ick. That's not good for the water, either, I'm sure.
-The greenhouse got moved. Total pain in the butt since I had just gotten it rearranged and watered when Dad was like "We need to move this eyesore." But it's done. Everything fits in there nicely. Don't be fooled by the space on the top shelf- I can't put anything there cause the heat-light will burn the heck out of anything placed under it.
-HL Chamber expansion happened!! Haha, I'm a genius, yo! It was so cramped in there, but then I got the idea to lay a flat box down on the bottom, to extend the space- just cover it with plastic and put the lighter stuff on the edge and voila. Woohoo! It's still a pretty tight fit but everything is in there now. I'll be adding two CFLs and two more T8s to it soon :) And once I do I'll be constructing a bigger grow..box..thing...out of styrofoam and thick plastic :D
:spazz:
-I think bical is finally wanting to pitcher for me again. It looks hopeful. Oh joy :-D <3

But yeah. This is all the progress I've made.

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

What's the thing in the plastic bag? :suspect:

In my greenhouse? The red vent cutting I'm still trying to root @_@

Most of your plants look great! Your helis are doing FABulous too.

The only plant that looks bad is the one I sent you. :( It must have taken a huge beating during shipping.

But if your bical is pitchering and they are in the same conditions, I have faith!

You have a very beautiful collection. Love your Sarrs table:).

@Dex: Don't be so hard! It's actually doing very well! It lost a leaf or two after shipping, and yesterday I just clipped one because it got burnt to hell from the heat light, but it's put out two inch-long leaves (as if to say "GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME NOW AND WHY?" ;)) but now the growth point is growing steadily and looks like it'll resume making proper leaves :) It just needs to finish acclimating and it'll do great, I'm sure! Thank you :)

@Dex: Don't be so hard! It's actually doing very well! It lost a leaf or two after shipping, and yesterday I just clipped one because it got burnt to hell from the heat light, but it's put out two inch-long leaves (as if to say "GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME NOW AND WHY?" ;)) but now the growth point is growing steadily and looks like it'll resume making proper leaves :) It just needs to finish acclimating and it'll do great, I'm sure! Thank you :)

Okay good! That does sound promising. If you feel like misting it a little extra I'm sure it would appreciate it. I can't wait to see you get some fatty pitchers. :)

OMG nice, jeez... I leave for a few days and everyone puts their A-game on display! I need to be home one of these days again so I can post wow-tastic pics again :p

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

Just some small but exciting developments in the greenhouse. Tent. Whatevs :p

Nice! Good to see that it is growing well. And that's a cute a little bicalcarata pitcher if I ever saw one. :p

Have fun before it gets so big that it EATS YOUR FAMILY!

Awaken! Awaken!

So I have terrible mashup of Godzilla Theme Song music and Dethklok's "Awaken" going through my head anytime I walk outside, but I figured it's time to bring this thread back to life too! :D

The batteries were dying so I just ran around getting quick pictures of the most notable stuffs. I didn't even get to show off my adorable H. nutans which has new pitchers that are a pretty yellow orange! :-D

DSCF7604.jpg

Random oreophila cross inflating :p
DSCF7609.jpg

Right side of the hybrids table has the most waking up :p
DSCF7612.jpg

N. khasiana has gorgeous color now :-D
DSCF7613-1.jpg

N. mirabilis is now tall and pretty, too! If only it'd pitcher again..
DSCF7611-1.jpg

N. rafflesiana "giant" is growing good and getting pretty AND inflating a pitcher! woohoo!!
DSCF7614-1.jpg

Royal Truncata
DSCF7615-1.jpg

N. ventricosa "Black Peristome" is kind of drooly and growing super good :D
DSCF7616.jpg

N. burbidgeae made its first pitcher with me!
DSCF7617.jpg

N. truncata 'Paisan' just made its first pitcher with me, too! It's SO BIG :0o: (to me, anyway, lol)
DSCF7620.jpg

Cephalotus 'Hummers Giant' from Zu is doing pretty good, I think. Needs more light, I know.
DSCF7621.jpg

N. mikei inflating it's first pitcher with me :D...well, technically it already was when I got it earlier this week, but it's not aborting it and has a new one starting up ;)
DSCF7622-1.jpg

N. konak FINALLY popped it's first pitcher, too! You can see the faintest trace of white-rim under the peristome- can't wait for this baby's next one with more light added!

That's all the preview ya'll get for now ;)
Thanks for looking!
:wave:

very very nice........i wish i lived in a warm place like you......great plants

AWESOME! Your stuff is looking great as it always does! :awesome:

I especially Like the N.khasiana.....makes me want to get one.

Back