What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got bit by a spider, would like info

I just got bit on the foot while minding my own business by a 1/2 inch long spider.
It looked like a jumping spider but huge.
I'm hoping I don't have to worry about a reaction.
I have never been bitten by a spider before.
It hurt like heck.
I think it bit/punctured 2 times on my toe.
I seem too be having very bad luck lately.
Can Anyone tell me if I have to worry?
It still hurts.
Thanks,
Zero

Last edited:
A visual description (like color/pattern) would likely be helpful along with where you live, I would imagine...

just watch it, the description doesnt sound like anything dangerous in the US....keep it clean and watch for infections and red streaks leading towards your heart......been bit by alot of our native spiders, never wound up being anything more than an annoyance....

Spider PICS,
spiderbite3.jpg

spiderbite2.jpg

spiderbite.jpg

I can't seem to kill it.
It's too fast.
I may need to resort to a improvised flame thrower:)
I really like spiders, but when a insect bites me it is all out war.
I'm still looking for info from you guys.
It's only been about 20 min from the bite.
Oh, I live in southern Maine.
Thanks,
Zero

its a jumper......aint gonna kill you.....just keep an eye on the bite and watch for infection....

Thanks for the info guys.
rattler, It didn't do much jumping but was good at biting.
I don't think I like spiders as much as I did a half hour or so ago.
I would like a T though.

Tarantulas have even bigger fangs, just imagine getting bitten by a 12" T blondi, not poisonous like a brown recluse but the physical damage by those huge fangs and itchy hairs would be none too pleasant.

Didn't know jumping spiders could bite. Catch him and send him to me :)

fang size counts for alot.....been atleast one case where a gaboon viper with its venom glands removed killed someone....snake struck the owner in the arm, long fangs managed to puncture the main artery in the forearm....violence of the bite ripped it completely open and the owner bled to death before help could arrive....

Worth about 6 or 7 bucks online, plus shipping of course!

I heard a story about someone who went to the south of Maine for vacation once and they got bit by a spider that kinda hurt, and then thought nothing of it... when they got back home, the bite swelled into a big welt and they went to the Doctor.
The Doctor made an incision to inspect the welt and all these baby spiders came pouring out!!!
Disgusting!

I heard a story about someone who went to the south of Maine for vacation once and they got bit by a spider that kinda hurt, and then thought nothing of it... when they got back home, the bite swelled into a big welt and they went to the Doctor.
The Doctor made an incision to inspect the welt and all these baby spiders came pouring out!!!
Disgusting!

not possible, urban legand.............only thing that will come out of a welt caused by a spider bite is pus.....

No kiddin Killjoy

No kiddin Killjoy

lol sorry......you wouldnt believe the number of ppl that take that crap serious.....never know if someone is kidding or just harassing someone :D

no way, Zero got bitten by an awesome Phiddipus audax? That is a beautiful spider.

Awesome spider?
I beg to differ.

I got bit on the foot by a spider earlier in the summer and, over the next few days, it hurt a little, then a lot, then not at all, then the skin got kind of hard, then it turned red, then it began to ache and then itch and it went back and forth between itching, aching and nothing for a couple weeks. The red color also came and went. Spider bites tend to have weird effects.

Back