What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Directions for nubies?

• Thread starter twotut
  • Start date
???Hi Everyone, I'm a nubie and I'm not sure where to post this....Do you have a thread for the newcomers? I have some very basic questions and everyone sounds extremely advanced, I'm alittle embarrassed to just pop right up with a question.
Please let me know ...?
Thanks
marian???

You may want to do a search on "Nepenthes University". It's a pretty comprehensive list of species, their requirements and even some tips and tricks on how to get started with neps.

chances are, many people have asked the same questions in the past. do a search through the thread forum. take a look at the stickies in each section. that should bring you up to speed. and if not, go ahead and ask a question on the chatboard. people are usually pretty helpful and wont mind answering noob questions ;)

Agreed^

If you don't want to make a thread, try chat. Lots of knowledgeable people and since they've already put up with my stupid questions I don't think they would mind any of yours. :D

Most everyone would be happy to answer anything -- if you cannot find an answer on any of the threads; and everyone has to start somewhere.

What are you growing and what is the jist of your questions?

Welcome to Terraforums. This is a very friendly environment for beginners.

Pick up a copy of Peter D'Amato's "Savage Garden" and Barry Rice's "Growing Carnivorous Plants" from Borders, Amazon, the Public Library or the authors themselves.

Read Barry Rice's online Carnivorous Plant FAQ

Browse through the Topics here, use the search function and above all don't be shy about posting questions and photos or just about anything that's on your mind.

You could always use the chatbox for some of the more basic questions, they should be someone around most of the time who could help you :)

Edit: lol.... i rlly need to read the posts before me better :p

All I can say is, By the looks of that dew in your avatar, your far more advanced than me. ;)

:welcome: I second. There is a ton of information in the website. Try doing a search, if you don't find what you need then ask. This is a great comunity that is always willing to help. No question is a stupid question!

Back