What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random pics form my collection

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Random pics from my collection

Thought I would share...

Last edited:
Nice. What nep is that first pic with the unopened pitcher?

likelikelikelikelike!

Your adelae is amazing!!!!!! I cannot for the life of me grow adelae that is happy with me, although I will try again.

Your adelae is amazing!!!!!! I cannot for the life of me grow adelae that is happy with me, although I will try again.

Thanks! It's the first CP I've ever owned.

To be honest, I'm not sure why it has been growing so much. I wish I had pics from even last week...the difference in size is HUGE.

The only theory I have is that they really benefit from a spike in temps at some point. The adelae was the only dew that seemed to still thrive when the temps in my terrarium were reaching 90F+. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense though since I'm sure people experience summer temps that high (and higher) for an extended period of time. Plus, I heard adelae was a plant that liked it cooler.

Ahh! Well it may have liked when we came home from vacation. Our house was 95... and the next hour it was 70.
If only I had one. Saw one at Lowes today, but passed.

Nice job!

Nice photos! The Adelae looks nice! It loves bright, indirect light to color up. Mine all grow inside, temps as high as the upper 80's F. in summer. In winter it's gets as low as 65.

Back