What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture Day!

• Thread starter JB in Utah
  • Start date

JB in Utah

Come To The Light. . .
So today I had some good weather and decided to take some pictures of my plants for record purposes (I do a catalog of my plants every fall). I also wanted to practice some more with photoshop, hopefully even dial-up won't have problems as I kept the file very small. If anyone wants to see bigger pics, I'll post some more later, but only if people want it.

Collection2010.jpg

I have FiOS, so I can safely insist on more!!! :banana2:

They look great!!! I especially love your avatar- too perfect!

I love your Sarr setup. Oh yeah, and the giant clump of Cobra Nest!

Whoa, that's some nice sharp clean photography and really great looking plants. Nice!

Awesome pics!

Nice collage!

As requested, here are some larger pics:
D. aldelae:
cp2.jpg

N. truncata:
cp6.jpg

N. ventricosa 'red form':
cp5.jpg

All of my Nepenthes:
cp7.jpg

My Flytraps:
cp4.jpg

My Pings:
cp3.jpg

A. vesiculosa:
cp8.jpg

U. gibba:
cp9.jpg

D. californica:
cp1.jpg

Gratuitous Cobra Plant Pic:
cp13.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Now for the Sarrs:
cp10.jpg

S. flava:
cp12.jpg

S. rubra with the wasp that got away:
cp11.jpg

S. purpurea #1:
cp14.jpg

S. purpurea #2 with my first ever Sarr Flower!:
cp15.jpg

Gratuitous Pic of the Aforementioned Flower:
cp16.jpg

Your sarrs look great, as do the rest of your collection. I really like the darlingtonia.

I just don't have much luck with my outdoor temperate cps here in Utah. We have this near constant wind up on the hill and it just dries 'em up no matter how wet I keep them. And it's been an especially windy summer, so they've been basically blasted with hot, dry winds for months. It has outright killed almost my entire vft collection. It has kept me from even attempting darlingtonia.

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

With exception of my S. leucophylla, I grow all of my CPs indoors, the temperate/subtropical sit in the windowsill setup I have. My Neps sit in the open under a grow light in my living room, no terrariums.
Here's a link to the plants' typical setup: Windowsill Setup w/Pics

I'm sad to hear about your VFTs nightsky, I think the dry wind and funky summer were to blame for my S. leucophylla not putting up any fall pitchers yet, lots of phyllodia during the summer but no pitchers.

What species of Pings are those?

The two larger pings are primuliflora, but I'm not so sure anymore. Both were death cube rescues this year, about two thirds of my plants are rescues. The other one is my esseriana, it's a little small, but I'm actually feeding it now so it should start growing more soon. It's hard to believe that I've had that one for a year already.

Oh yeah, props on the avatar Wolfn, Nero was a great villian, too bad he's dead and fictional.

Nice collection JB

Wow. That was pretty awesome right there!

Mmm love em all but especially the Darlingtonia!

It makes me regret being young and uninformed when I grew them ten years ago!

Back