What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest order I got in (pics)

not that lucky frill. i think one of my growth points decided to die. so now it's nightly trips to the fridge...

i will confess though, there are days when i forget that villosa's still in the fridge. i usually dont realize it until i go home, and i realize there's a pot missing!

Holy cow :0o: Since when did H. neblinae var. parva or N. hamiguitanensis even exist xD

You reeled in the jackpot there, Z! :drool: :hail:

Since like...ICPS meet :lol:

Indeed...indeed. Took a jackpot-like-amount of money to get it all too :0o:

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

not that lucky frill. i think one of my growth points decided to die. so now it's nightly trips to the fridge...

i will confess though, there are days when i forget that villosa's still in the fridge. i usually dont realize it until i go home, and i realize there's a pot missing!

:0o: .... :eek:

OMG:
I am so so so so so so so so jealous.

OMG!! THat is a spectacular collection of new plants. HOLY!! N. peltata.....N. hamingggg.g...a.a.a... ...AHHH!! Damn you! :p LOL! Congratulations. Good idea for the prompt bagging up. I am sure you can do great with them.

OMG!! THat is a spectacular collection of new plants. HOLY!! N. peltata.....N. hamingggg.g...a.a.a... ...AHHH!! Damn you! :p LOL! Congratulations. Good idea for the prompt bagging up. I am sure you can do great with them.

Hehehe...thanks :-D

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

In my usual lazy-esque fashion, I've decided to take the low-stress acclimation approach and leave everything in bags in the shade outside. This is their new home for the next couple of weeks:

P9140001.jpg

under a chair on the balcony!

Here's a pic of the undercarriage:
P9140002.jpg

I scooched them back a couple more inches because I don't want the sun hitting them at all yet.

I am so jealous!

Wow what a nice shipment! You got some beauties sure to be growing soon enough. Looks like you started yourself quite the Heliamphora collection! I'm not even familiar with half of those. And three jacquelineaes!!? That's just cheating :D he must have them growing like weeds or he feels you are a very good customer. Are they seed grown?

@amphirion you should set an alarm on your cell phone (if you have one) every day that reminds you to get your villosa out of the fridge!

They're all TC, but yeah..it's actually 4 jacqs! (there's a couple shoved into that leftmost pot I think)

Yeah I'm stoked for sure - can't wait to grow them all out :)

Wowee! I just looked up the pics of an adult n. hamiguitanensis and it sure is pretty!

For sure...I hope mine survives and thrives :awesome: after seeing it for the first time, I knew what nep-love-at-first-sight was!

I bought an N. alba because it is known to produce white topped uppers but this one puts an alba to shame! Reminds me of a leucophylla in nep form.

Yeah, I'm super happy I got my grubby mitts on one! Unfortunately, it had the least roots of the whole pack so it's looking a little worse for wear right now, but ...I've never lost anything with roots before so I have hope for the best :-D

thez_yo said:

Peltata clipeata peltata clipeata.... :awesome:

It's like you're TRYING to rub stuff in my face. ;)

J/k, luvin' that order!

Mhmm, starting a clupeata and clupeltata collection ;)

Ok, well it's been about a week.5 and I've decided the previous location wasn't bright enough so...here's some update pics...sorry to say it but some of the plants looks the worse for wear :-(

Here's where they've graduated to: heli tank and open-bagged neps on a drip-tray (just to have them on something to move them all at the same time should I need to move them).
P9240005.jpg

Here's the nep hami...I clipped those brown leaves off just now and um...well, I hope it recovers considering the growth point is intact and it does have some small roots:
P9240009.jpg

Here's the nep peltata - now this guy, he has more roots than the hami but the growth point has gone all brown so I guess I'll hope it activates a node or something:
P9240011.jpg

Nep jacq's - the smaller divisions have lost their lower leaves, but I guess I expect that out of a plant as picky as jacq is when it is small. Hopefully they all survive:
P9240010.jpg

P9240012.jpg

...the big one is looking great though :p
P9240014.jpg

nep clipeata is looking wonderful, so that's a win for the species :-D
P9240013.jpg

nep villosa is well...villosa doesn't do anything quickly but for a couple of weeks this guy is looking great still!
P9240015.jpg

Heli angasima--
This guy came in with a couple dead pitchers and one live one, and still has a couple dead ones and a live one so I'm going to assume he's working hard on regrowing that growth point under all of that delicious looking moss.
P9240016.jpg

The ever-robust pulchella, looking wonderful
P9240017.jpg

heli spec akopan looking wonderful as well
P9240018.jpg

P9240020.jpg

heli huberi - that brown pitcher was on its way out when i got it so no surprises here
P9240019.jpg

heli ciliata still looking great
P9240021.jpg

and neblinae v. parva recovering well.
P9240022.jpg

---edit---
I've already gotten an email from AW saying that he'll replace the two bad looking neps and a heli :banana2:. The ones that are doing bad look like they got a little heat-stressed in shipping somehow ??? I swear he must send neps and helis in different boxes and the over-the-atlantic-people must like, put the nep boxes into a microwave at whim. The plants that come in looking good look really really great, like my last nep shipment so...yeah, not sure what happened this time, must be my bad luck. I expect superb looking plants from him and it sounds like he expects to send superb looking plants so he's as upset as I when I tell him things don't look so great..

Last edited:
Your heli's look great and i hope your neps will soon too :)

UPDATES!!

So...I was worried for a while that two of the Helis were going south (neb v parva and sp. Angasima) but then two days ago we had a cold, windy rainy day (out of season for San Diego for sure) and they suddenly firmed up and stopped being floppy :-D. (because the rest of the helis firmed up within a week or week and a half of arrival) I am *soooo* happy. Anyway, they're getting treated like every other heli without the glass plate on top as of two days ago now, except that they get misted 3X daily (the rest get sprayed maybe once a day if it's hot, every 2 or 3 days when it's not).

Here they are - H.neblinae v. parva:
PA020046.jpg

(that one floppy pitcher is still a little soft but considering the other three perked up, I think it'll do the same :awesome: and OMG I think it actually grew since a week ago :banana2:)

sp angasima
PA020043.jpg

(brown spot, but holding steady instead of spreading any more!)

and here's the rest of the others-
ciliata
PA020045.jpg

sp akopan
PA020044.jpg

(seriously the best behaved and most robust heli i have now, even including heteroXminor!!)

group shot - (huberi, pulchella, sp akopan)
PA020042.jpg

all holding steady, but not pushed up any new growth yet

and the nepenthes. Firstly, the hami and peltata died a crispy dead :cry: The rest though, they're entirely integrated in with the rest of my nepenthes, no baggies or misting or anything. They have no pitchers for the most part, but that's not a problem because *nobody's* plants retain their pitchers in my conditions - my plants have to grow them in on their own here I grow plants so dry after they get unbagged. I can't wait for them to resume normal growth - I'm expecting it in a week or two.

here are the jacq's (pitcherless, but i think they'll perk back up :p):
PA020037.jpg

PA020038.jpg

PA020040.jpg

clipeata:
PA020039.jpg

villosa:
PA020048.jpg

(that brown pitcher in the top right is from where I shoved a cricket egg in there yesterday...lost a leaf since last update...but I think I'm not surprised)

That's very sad news about the peltata and hami.... :(

Back