What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Froogie

GrowinOld

Not Growing Up!
Here's a new comer to the CP garden.
Kind of late in the year, but he's been hanging around for a few days now!
Even jumped from nowhere onto my hand when I was coming to feed the plants!

Frog-3sm.jpg

Frog-2sm.jpg

I hope he is a native, lest a hitch-hiker from a recent trade,
who can't survive a mid-west winter!

Catch him and put him in a terrarrium then you don't have to worry about him outside in winter! :)

The back cover of this months Ranger Rick kids nature mag has a frog peeking out of a Nepenthes pitcher, looks like a N. veitchii peristome, there's no caption that says the plant or frog sp. :(

Tthere's no caption that says the plant or frog sp. :(

omg, I HATE that.
HATEHATEHATEIT.

I also hate it when they have fishtanks in TV shows but they're always in the background or a quick glimpse and I can't ever take a good look. :lol:

It's a cute froggie though. Never seen one like it over here.

Aww cute :)

Its a grey tree frog, it will survive the winter pretty easily. They also make good pets but will probally be happier outside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_tree_frog

Gray tree frogs have colors that vairy widely, thats why some are grey some are green.

Awesome! That pic is really cool too, at first glance I thought it was a painting.

I have a group of pacific tree frogs (which look similar to your frog) that hang out in my mini bog. I wonder if they help eat the bugs that are attracted to the plants, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help with the ID Raymond.
I have moved a few plants into the greenhouse and haven't seen him since.
I was just worried about leaving him out for the winter... not that I could find him unless he wanted to be found!

And yes "SeaQ", he seemed to be shopping on the bugs attracted to the pitchers!
Actually jumped on my hand when I was out tending the plants, which was cute.
I bet the tree frogs are a nice addition to your bog... although as I did here, I'd keep worrying I would find a frog stuck in a pitcher one day!

Gotta Love nature! :-D

Take care!

*Oh, correction. The light color on the throat means it is possibly a female...."her"! My apologies! And thanks again for the ID info link. I feel better that SHE will survive the winter! (Many years ago we found a nice tiny "gold" frog in our yard! Most beautiful frog I ever found! Wish I could have kept it, but I always assume most animals are better off in their natural environ instead of an artificial one. Unless in peril of course, nothing beats the real thing!)

Last edited:
Nice capturing!

Actually some animals such as garter snakes usually live a shorter time in the wild then in captivity because of predators. But such animals will still be happier ouside!

Tree frogs can easily blend into the plants, you may have to search fo find it.

Back