What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

by any other name...

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
I love my new toys

rose.jpg

Thanks for looking
Av

Wow, very nice Butch. Well grown and well photographed :-D

looks like origami velvet. lol.

I must have your camera!... and your ligting.... and your collection.... and your income.... and knowledge....

looks like origami velvet. lol.
Really! Each time I look at it, I am amazed / impressed. Weren't you going to purchase a spare outfit for me (or did you forget)? :-O

....Weren't you going to purchase a spare outfit for me (or did you forget)? :-O

Ron, they are just waiting on you to give them your shipping addy :grin:

:0o:

Is that.... real?!

yeppers, I have two rose bushes.... one that looks good and one that smells good, can ya guess which of the two this is?

:)

I kinda figured you were off doing something fun!

This explains it!

Nice Rose! Nice Camera... Nice Pic!

You must have accumulated some good karma!
Congrats on all! :boogie:

wow!! beautiful pic mate. Looks like you are having fun iwth that 100mm macro. ;)

OMG MORE :pics:

another image, same rose
Not as cool looking but still nice in it's own way
exposure was more of a challenge, RAW is def nice.
rose2copy.jpg

I never noticed the bug till after I uploaded the image LOL

Wow, that's awesome!

Your new camera is just unbelievable!!!
:drool:
What cultivar is that, Butch?
I used to have 15, including a Mister Lincoln, Morning Blush, Moonlight (actually, I had bought it as a moonlight but it made lavender blooms, not yellow o_O), Iceberg...one I nicknamed "sunfire"..ah, that was all so long ago. Now I have a JFK and that's it :)

Yes please :poke:, name that rose, I have Lincoln , but I dont think it has quite the velvety look of this rose , though I'm sure i cant get that nice of a shot.
Love the sexy new camera:clap:
Can we get some more :pics:
.. Are these free hand shots ?

Liz,

I'm really enjoying DSLR and RAW...The instant gratification is unreal compared to my 35mm SLR days.
Next on my wish list is the Canon 430ex II flash

It's a Black Baccara, a long time favorite of mine....
My only other is a Chrysler Imperial and omg does it ever smell good.

My BB is not very "black" this late in the season but it's always "velvety"

Jimmy, yes... free hand with manual settings
amd I've seen your work :p

Liz,

I'm really enjoying DSLR and RAW...The instant gratification is unreal compared to my 35mm SLR days.

Great shot, Butch. RAW is fantastic, especially when shooting underwater, where the "color temperature" can be adjusted -- almost as though you pushing slide film years back. It's probably the closest thing we have to a negative nowadays . . .

Garibaldi (California State Fish)
GARIBALDI.jpg

Back