What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

random cp pics...

thez_yo

instigator
Rearranged my growspace a week or so ago so here's some new arrangements (notice my fave new nep pitcher all the way at the top of the pic!)

P9250018.jpg

and ping/dew/ceph ghetto:
P9250020.jpg

sarrs:
P9250019.jpg

spathXmira:
P9250011.jpg

P9250010.jpg

P9250013.jpg

gulfensis green:
P9250009.jpg

P9250008.jpg

minor:
P9250006.jpg

leuco:
P9250004.jpg

P9250003.jpg

tenuis:
P9250036.jpg

mikei:
P9250035.jpg

repotted cephs cuz they were doing bad..hope they perk up again:
P9250034.jpg

P9250033.jpg

and teefs ;)
P9240025.jpg

first pic makes is awsome...

So...much...gorgeous :drool:

I want your deck :D

Nice growing space. Really savage garden. I am waiting for more pics :)

Just a question: what's your growing conditions for the Helis (I mean the growing conditions after you've acclimated them)? I know you put your Helis in those big glass boxes. What's the humidity level there? How long the Helis receive direct sunlight? and from what time to what time? And the temperature there? What confuses me is, without any automatic machines to cool down and to raise humidity, when you put Helis in the glass boxes, if you want to raise humidity then you need to partially seal the glass boxes, which results in higher temperature (if receives the direct sunlight). Of course, you've acclimate them in low humidity. But I don't know how low the humidity level you achieve...

I am sorry if you've put your growing conditions for the Helis somewhere.

Wowowowowowow!
Do you grow your Neps and Helis outdoors year round?

Thanks everyone...

Just a question: what's your growing conditions for the Helis (I mean the growing conditions after you've acclimated them)? I know you put your Helis in those big glass boxes. What's the humidity level there? How long the Helis receive direct sunlight? and from what time to what time? And the temperature there? What confuses me is, without any automatic machines to cool down and to raise humidity, when you put Helis in the glass boxes, if you want to raise humidity then you need to partially seal the glass boxes, which results in higher temperature (if receives the direct sunlight). Of course, you've acclimate them in low humidity. But I don't know how low the humidity level you achieve...

They're sealed glass on bottom and sides with a screen on top to keep bigger bugs and whatnot out. I don't know what the humidity inside them is because I don't feel like buying a meter for it...but I do walk by and spray them down a couple times a week at whim. Some of them do have crispy nectar spoons but I'm OK with that. They sit in water at the bottom on a couple sheets of eggcrate or whatever it's called, as a cool-temps-reservoir to at least keep the roots cool during the day. It does get roasting in there if it's above low 70's during the day so I do go move them into the shade if it's supposed to get really hot (or inside when it was in the 90's in the sun!) They get direct sun from about 3ish PM til sunset...unless I move them because it's getting too hot for them if it's hot out..

Wowowowowowow!
Do you grow your Neps and Helis outdoors year round?

I just moved to this apt at the beginning of May and everything has been outside since. The only thing I've had inside was petiolaris dews when it's cool out, and I've just had to move my N.ampullaria inside because it was poutey. I gave my raff and albos away too because it was too cool for them outside. Everything else I'm hoping I can keep outside year round except maybe for uhl's and helis during the 2 months 90degrees outside..

Last edited:
awesome collection Zu, beautiful plants and beautiful pics

"Zu's magic patio"

Thanks Butch :).

Pitcheresque!

lols...true :awesome:

Today it was so hot outside I had to move the Helis and uhls inside under a ceiling-fan (yeah they're behind the orchids so they get *some* filtered light):

P9260001.jpg

Another questions for your helis: what's the night temperature you are providing for your helis? Many helis may require night temperature to drop below 60F. But recent days SD's night temperature is always around 68-72F (in my local area). So in my case, I have to put ice (sealed into bags) around my heli's pot to keep the temperature down to 60F. But honestly, I don't want to do that (too much trouble). Just want to know how you solve the problem.

...... Many helis may require night temperature to drop below 60F......

I dont agree,
In my case I have no night time drop and mine seem to do just fine :)

I think this is more a case of tribal knowledge than fact. Maybe if your day time temps were excessive..... but definitely not a requirement based on my personal experiences

Av

Lols...what av said. They just stay under 75ish all day and night long and they're fine.

WOW Thez, Everything is looking so very Beautiful!!!! Your doing a absolute wonderful job taking care of your plants. Please keep us all posted with more pics.

I dont agree,
In my case I have no night time drop and mine seem to do just fine :)

I think this is more a case of tribal knowledge than fact. Maybe if your day time temps were excessive..... but definitely not a requirement based on my personal experiences

Av

That's good news. I will try. It is more convenient if I need not to add ice during the nighttime. But fortunately, SD's temperature starts to drop both in daytime and nighttime. Wow, now it is raining!!!!! Very rare in SD!!

While this is relevant still, here's more pics!

repotted the thorXcampy:
P9290016.jpg

took everything apart cuz I had enough new plants that things were lopsided in my grow area:
P9290018.jpg

found a tenuis pitcher opened finally!
P9290017.jpg

(and promptly fed it of course :p)

and put it all back together again!
P9300020.jpg

Here's more tiny pitchers from today (after feeding them some cricket entrails :mwahaha:)

macfarlanei
P9300002.jpg

tenuis
PA010001.jpg

PA010002.jpg

mikei
PA010003.jpg

PA010004.jpg

ramispina
PA010005.jpg

---more---
ceph HG i'm propagating
PA010006.jpg

the controversial sibXhamata
PA010007.jpg

muluensis still doing cruddy a year on
PA010008.jpg

tiniest pitcher evar out of glabrata (but better than its 'no pitchers and angry' phase)
PA010009.jpg

ampXsib
PA010010.jpg

densiXkos
PA010011.jpg

PA010012.jpg

(it just opened up is why it's red, it'll turn black soon enough...making friends with macfarlanei)

madagascariensis (with veitchiiXmaximaXveitchiiXcampy in background)
PA010013.jpg

winged stenobilis...hasn't given me anything decent yet, but this is a start. adrianni and sibXtm in background.
PA010014.jpg

ping titan
PA010015.jpg

minors making friends
PA010016.jpg

hummer's hammerhead
PA010017.jpg

callistos
PA010018.jpg

my 'pond scum' collection and some vft's hanging around
PA010019.jpg

a little cobra
PA010021.jpg

capillaris
PA010022.jpg

scorpioides
PA010023.jpg

Last edited:
nectar or something strange on top of a gulfensis green lid
PA010024.jpg

my smallest hamata plant (but with the most pitchers :awesome:)
PA010025.jpg

ping community pot - love how they actually have different colors to their leaves!
PA010026.jpg

and a couple of overgrown heli tanks (the newest ones aren't so great looking yet...)
PA010027.jpg

PA010028.jpg

Back