What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scary Tales from the right

I am not quite sure what to think of this. While on one had I agree with many of his observations and facts. On the other hand, I am not sure about the conclusions that he draws. Perhaps because I am more of an optimist.

Worth a read, but I warn you it is very long. Please don't take my posting this link as a wholehearted endorcement of it's contents. I did find it to have a unique perspective of current events. As with all commentaries, whether they be print, television, or internet. I urge you to draw your own conclusions as well as check facts. Basically seek and verify the truth. Don't rely on Mr. Media man to tell it to you.

http://ampedstatus.com/the-road-to-world-war-iii-the-global-banking-cartel-has-one-card-left-to-play

Man I don't even know what to think of that website. It's almost as far left as it is far right....

Some of the news covered in it certainly is pressing and barely covered in mainstream news, but at the same time, I really don't think it's ok for them to be pressing idea of Revolution or WW3 like that.... That is really scary when people can't think of an alternative other than those two things, which are essentially one in the same.

It's spreading fear just like mainstream news is, but even more potently. We really need to focus on widescale violence NOT being the method that we recover from this state of affairs.

dont get why yah labled it scary tales from the right......if you know anything at all about how we got into this mess both the right and the left share the blame equally......first thing that pops into my head when someone screams the Democrats are all at fault, or that the Republicans are all at fault i know they actually have not spent any time reading on the actual issues and are just regurgitating party line BS......neither side is to blaim wholly and neither hold the answer to it.....

Honestly, it seemed a little more left than right from my casual skim. But if you go far enough in either direction, you end up in the same spot. :D
There are some kernels of truth to it, though.
first thing that pops into my head when someone screams the Democrats are all at fault, or that the Republicans are all at fault i know they actually have not spent any time reading on the actual issues and are just regurgitating party line BS....
Definitely, rattler... I think ultimately we've all got to acknowledge that we all share at least a little blame for our complacency with this system. But I'm just critical that way.
~Joe

I didn't read everything,
but what is the point of destroying an economy,
instead of keeping it alive and using it to continue to maintain ones feeding off of it?
Like a dairy cow, you can get a lifetime of milk from it for you and your family,
or kill it and get a few good steak dinners for a very short time!
Seems to me the various economies are something they would want to keep alive and thriving,
as it gives them continuous control.

Also, money is only worth something if people think that it is. Even gold is useless in and of itself, except for certain electronic uses... otherwise it is just decoration. Food, clothing, a house, heat, water, etc. these are things with actual value, as we need them.
If indeed only these people in this group are the ones with money, then the money will lose its value, as the masses won't have it and never will have hope to. That is when people rebel, when they have no hope with the way things are. They then have nothing to lose.

Governments and civilizations have risen and fallen for about as long as man has been here on earth. This sort of thing has happened before. History only documents a small portion of this sort of thing. It is nothing new. In fact, it seems to be the life-cycle of many past civilizations. Power hungry groups, families and individuals infiltrate nearly every organization of people. It can even happen to some of the CP groups we are familiar with.

Regarding your post, I have read about this sort of thing before (back when in my early 20's and before) which was a long time ago (to me), and while I am not one to take things at face value, I don't know that much else has changed from back then. Interesting and thought provoking, as a part of it is indeed possible (if not likely). But...!

But like back then, as for myself, I don't know what I can do about it anyway. With my current situation (which isn't good and I won't go into here on TF) I don't have a lot of choices and don't know what this information is supposed to make me want to do, whether it is true or not. ???
Any recommendations? Having read this, what are you doing different?
What can anyone do about these things? Especially those of us who are in a "bad place" to begin with. I am not sure what the motivation is for sharing this... as I said, this info/viewpoint has been around a very long time.

Back in the 60/70's & 80's many were moving into self sufficiency for lack of trust in the system and wanting to unhook ourselves from the "grid".I know, I had a place in the wilds/country/middle of nowhere. Learned how to be self sufficient and all that. However surviving that way is a hard life, and so being hooked to the grid and a part of the system became a part of life again. At this point, I am not as young as I used to be, and not so afraid either.
I have learned that life is short. I no longer take it as seriously as I used to.

Well, back to my plants for now.

(Sorry if my reply is a little disjointed, but I am not doing well today (physically/mentally) and an not thinking straight at the moment. Lack of sleep a part of it also.)

Back in the 60/70's & 80's many were moving into self sufficiency for lack of trust in the system and wanting to unhook ourselves from the "grid".I know, I had a place in the wilds/country/middle of nowhere. Learned how to be self sufficient and all that. However surviving that way is a hard life, and so being hooked to the grid and a part of the system became a part of life again. At this point, I am not as young as I used to be, and not so afraid either.
I have learned that life is short. I no longer take it as seriously as I used to.

i know it and could prolly do it better than most.....also know why the trappers that opened up the west died in their 30's.......self sufficiency is great in theory but in the real world it is a ton of work and will wear out your body fast.....

you make an excellent point, give up what we have for what? no other country on earth i would be happier in even with our problems and with the current trend alot our government is taking......

dont get why yah labled it scary tales from the right......if you know anything at all about how we got into this mess both the right and the left share the blame equally......first thing that pops into my head when someone screams the Democrats are all at fault, or that the Republicans are all at fault i know they actually have not spent any time reading on the actual issues and are just regurgitating party line BS......neither side is to blaim wholly and neither hold the answer to it.....

You are right. I should have picked a better title. If the story is correct, at least the portion when it comes to left and right, they really do not exist. Just a construct to get people to align and belong. Both sides move in unison when it comes to economy and deficit spending. They like to spend it on the different things, but the act of spending causes the same result.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

but what is the point of destroying an economy,
Wealth transfer. There is always a winner and a loser to any market or currency fluctuation depending on where you place your bets. I have dabbled in currency exchange (FOREX) and know this to be a fact. You can also bet against stocks I believe. I have never done this. When markets are maniuplated as suggested, winner is always those in the know. Then there is the whole fiat money system we currently use, but that is another topic.

There was an interesting video I saw sometime ago showing that someone placed a large bet against Behr Sterns stock a few days before it bottomed out. I don't think SEC has ever released who made that bet. I think it was somewhere in the ten or maybe even hundreds of billions, I don't recall. There was no investigation to my knowledge of this, nor any mainstream media coverage. Interesting.

Any recommendations? Having read this, what are you doing different?
Vote! And arm yourself with knowledge. Always ask why? And then found out why for yourself. Trace it back in history if needed and form your own picture of how past decisions will affect present and future.

I myself have become disillusioned with mainstream media. There is very little news in them to begin with. It is mostly commentary to help us form our opinions. Not being one who takes a teleprompters word at face value, I try to form my own opinions. More so now than even a few years ago. I think we got ourselve in this mess because we trusted people to act with our best interests at heart. I think if politicians were truly doing this, it wouldn't matter if the "left" or "right" was in power.

You are right. I should have picked a better title. If the story is correct, at least the portion when it comes to left and right, they really do not exist. Just a construct to get people to align and belong. Both sides move in unison when it comes to economy and deficit spending. They like to spend it on the different things, but the act of spending causes the same result.

the housing bust lies largely on the heads of the democrat leaders but going back to Clintons first term......if you look what lead up to that its one of the few places where the repubs were screaming we need to look at this closer and the demos had almost all the control over it....the repubs are at fault in not pushing through the stricter controls when they had the majority control...instead they put a few repubs on the board who immediately started lining their pockets and saying everything was fine.......also one of the few places where i agreed with McCain as he was saying this process needed to be looked at back in 2001 i believe.....

most the horrible deficit spending is traced back to FDR.....who happens to be a democrat but quite frankly Bush was looking to do the same stupid thing that FDR tried with his New Deal....it didnt work in the 30's for FDR and it sure in the heck was not gonna work now for Bush and Obama.....the bailout is stupid if you understand anything about economics, its akin of standing in a 5 gallon bucket and trying to pick yourself up by lifting on the handle......aint gonna happen, dont care if a demo or a repub is in charge of the program.....the fact that those in charge do not understand this is scary cause its basic economics....WWII and the ALLies buying hard goods and technology from the US for the years before we entered in December of 41 is what kicked us out of the Depression, not the New Deal.....

Man I don't even know what to think of that website. It's almost as far left as it is far right....

Some of the news covered in it certainly is pressing and barely covered in mainstream news, but at the same time, I really don't think it's ok for them to be pressing idea of Revolution or WW3 like that.... That is really scary when people can't think of an alternative other than those two things, which are essentially one in the same.

It's spreading fear just like mainstream news is, but even more potently. We really need to focus on widescale violence NOT being the method that we recover from this state of affairs.

I don't think the article is urging WWIII or violent revolution. What I gathered was that it is the powers that be that are preparing for it if certain events come to pass. The author is simply stating the possibility.

I myself would never condone violence. There are peacful forms of revolution. The tea party would be what I would define as a peaceful revolution. At least in the beginning. It is quickly being manipulated by establishment Republicans who have jumped on the band wagon and are attempting to take the reigns. Only time will tell if those "tea partiers" get elected and thier voting records reflect the beliefs of the movement.

I have to admit, I don't know much about the tea party. I probably share alot of thier stated beliefs, but am hesitant to support it fully until I see how they vote. With that said, the tea party as I understand it is as much against the Republicans as they are the Democrats. They are against the last 30-80 years of government who's monetary policies have bankrupted this country and transferred vast amounts of wealth to the bankers. Not to mention the rampant corruption that corporatocracy has brought.

At least that is my take on it.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

the housing bust lies largely on the heads of the democrat leaders but going back to Clintons first term......if you look what lead up to that its one of the few places where the repubs were screaming we need to look at this closer and the demos had almost all the control over it....the repubs are at fault in not pushing through the stricter controls when they had the majority control...instead they put a few repubs on the board who immediately started lining their pockets and saying everything was fine.......also one of the few places where i agreed with McCain as he was saying this process needed to be looked at back in 2001 i believe.....

You would be correct. It is argued pretty logically that the repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act that was put into place in 1933 was what caused the housing bubble and ultimately the crash.

It was repealled in 1999 under Clinton. However, republicans controlled Congress. So Obama's claim that Bush caused the crisis is wrong in my opinion. One because he wasn't in office yet. And two, both sides share some blame because Clinton could have vetoed it. Clinton supported "mondernizing" Glass-Steagall.

The Glass-Steagall forbade banks from using deposits in risky investments such as derivatives, among other things. At least that is my understanding.

The Frank-Dodd act was passed recently to replace Glass-Stegall after the damage was done, but from what I know of it (not much) it is watered down and adds layers of bureaucracy and cost to taxpayers. And still allows banks to invest in derivatives if I am not mistaken.

most the horrible deficit spending is traced back to FDR.....who happens to be a democrat but quite frankly Bush was looking to do the same stupid thing that FDR tried with his New Deal....it didnt work in the 30's for FDR and it sure in the heck was not gonna work now for Bush and Obama.....the bailout is stupid if you understand anything about economics, its akin of standing in a 5 gallon bucket and trying to pick yourself up by lifting on the handle......aint gonna happen, dont care if a demo or a repub is in charge of the program.....the fact that those in charge do not understand this is scary cause its basic economics....WWII and the ALLies buying hard goods and technology from the US for the years before we entered in December of 41 is what kicked us out of the Depression, not the New Deal.....

I think pretty much every president since Wilson has contributed to the deficit as that is how they must operate by design. Some more than others. Paper money is created through credit. Income tax is used to pay the interest on the bonds.

If you run the math, there is no way to pay off the deficit completely. Because if we didn't have a deficit, we wouldn't have any money. Each dollar is a representation of our debt to repay treasury bills with interest. If we did pay them all off, there would be no money in circulation. That is the horrible truth to a central bank. It is designed to take our money. The more money we put out, the more money treasury holders receive. Why would we want such a system. Why should we pay someone interest on money that by right of the consitution belongs to congress to create. Why did we give that right to a private group of bankers and foreign states to become wealthy off of. Major Banks, the Fed, and China are the top holders of US Treasuries.

Woodrow Wilson (D) is the father of the central bank known as the Federal Reserve during the start of the "Progressive Era". Something he regretted later on:
Woodrow Wilson, 1916, said:
A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the Nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men... We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.

Senate Doc. 23, 76th Congress, 1st Session pg.100

FDR did indeed then start this country down the road to indebtedness under the "Great Experiment". We are still under this Great Experiment today. Still waiting for the day when someone will declare the "Great Experiment" a failure.

Last edited:
buying hard goods and technology from the US

AH! What a concept! Oh yea, that's right! We no longer produce that much in the US, because it is cheaper now to buy things made from other countries! No import tariffs and import fees to balance that out, and keep our country powerful. Better to tax our own people to death, and not buy anything from them, and drive them into poverty! :scratch:
(Wikipedia: "Tariffs were the largest source of federal revenue from the 1790s to the eve of World War I, until it was surpassed by income taxes.")

Seems our country was founded on people wanting to avoid the very things we ourselves have allowed to happen here. Ironic. :headwall:

Why should we pay someone interest on money that by right of the constitution belongs to congress to create. Why did we give that right to a private group of bankers and foreign states to become wealthy off of.
And as far as "money" is concerned, leaving the gold/silver standard and accepting "reserve notes" was a real stroke of moronics! :lac:

If we don't get to fixing our own country :usa2: and cleaning up our own mess, we shouldn't be throwing our money into helping out other countries and trying to fix them! You feed your own family first, before feeding others! You clean your own house and yard first before helping others. Charity begins at home! :hug:
Indeed, there is going to be hard times ahead. We are going to have to begin building up our country again, and it is going to be a case of working hard for a better life, and not just expecting one. Indeed, ask not what your country can do for you, but if the leaders would get their heads out of their "nether-regions", perhaps they could help us to figure out what it is exactly that we could do for our country..., besides just allowing bad politics and corruption to exist!
For starters, I think we need accountability from our elected leaders. When granted a position of authority, then a higher degree of accountability needs to go with it. We tolerate too much, and so the system gets used and abused.
:blahblah9xm:

HEY, wait a minute! This problem is multifaceted and has its roots in many places! I don't want to go on and on about this... especially if no one but a bunch of plant growers are going to hear me anyway, ( if they even bother to listen)! What's the point if there isn't a politician or someone extremely wealthy or powerful out there?! Otherwise, why bother getting into this! :crap:

Well, I have to admit it Dash and everyone, while I am not very well versed in politics and history much at all, this has been fun to discuss! I am more a simple and common sense sort of person however, so I guess it is time....

Okay, I'm done! I am going to go see if I can propagate a nice VFT, hybridize a neat looking Sarr., develop a better Highland Grow-chamber or even just go look at my plants and space out for a while. That always makes me feel good, and I am much better at it than I am at guiding and ruling a country!

I suggest that we all do that for a while, while we still can. Tending our plants is good for the soul, and is part of what plants do for us!

Oh yea, did I mention,
life is too short to take too seriously anyway.

Take care everyone!
:water:

dash, re-read what i wrote on the housing.....i said that Clinton started it and the repubs were at fault that they did not put serious effort forth to control it when they had control of congress......

the Bailout started with Bush and it did, and that stupid policy is being continued by Obama and the current congress......the fault on it lies pretty squarly on both parties though there are quite a few repubs that voted against it but no where close to all of them......

in all honestly my idea of a perfect federal government is a real dem president and a real repub congress or a real repub president and a demo congrass......history has shown they get in a heck of alot less trouble when they are fighting with each other.......a repub pres/repub congrass scares me just as much as our current demo/demo......the repub/repub got us teh Patriot act which ppl should be hung for treason over.....

in all reality what the Tea Party preaches is pretty close to what i believe but the jury is still out on whether they will practice what they preach or if they are just gonna become more DC parasites.....

@GrowinOld
Well said!

Yeah, I honestly don't know why I post crap like this on a plant site. Probably because I enjoy hearing peoples opinions that I respect. The crowd here is rather diverse and personable. We have everyone from school aged kids to scientists to CEOs and everyone in between. I rather enjoy hearing diverse opinions to complex topics. I occasionally get onto social networking sites such as FB but FB is so hollow. CPs sites is really about the only sites where I interact with others. So you guys are bearing the brunt of my ramblings. For that I do apologize. :) At least some of you humor me with responses and for that I thank you!

Back to plants!

@rattler
My mistake. Sorry. I do find it odd that only republicans (mostly) voted for the repeal. Perhaps because of the pork and special interest crap added to the bill.

Last edited:
in all reality what the Tea Party preaches is pretty close to what i believe but the jury is still out on whether they will practice what they preach or if they are just gonna become more DC parasites.....

I'm all for some of the things the tea party stands for...I think we could all go for a balanced budget ;)

However my biggest concern with the movement is the nut jobs on TV/radio who support it and elicit a purely emotional response rather than work through the facts and data.

You talking bout the panic striken chicken?

panic.jpg

"Why am I the only one freaking out about this America?!"

:D

I worked at a plastics factory that was crowded with conspiracy nuts, everything that seems new to people today (tea party/Glen Beck talking points) I heard from my co-workers 20 years ago at Lazer Graphics. None of it is new, same old paranoias. They're trying to take my god, guns, gold, "freedom", "liberty", commies! (nowadays "socialists") "trying to change my values", trying make me love gays, our money is "fake", they're going to start controlling our minds, the UN is selling white women into slavery, Rockafeller is the devil.......

Everyday it was something new, no matter what topic you brought up they had some wild conspiracy spin to ride you out on. I always thought it was the fumes from the plastic that made them believe these things - I had a headache everyday I worked there. I certainly hope we don't get a whole bunch of Tea Party religo conspiracy nuts in power, though it would be interesting. We all of us only follow the laws insofar as it's convenient anyway - so what do we really care? LOL

Last edited:
You talking bout the panic striken chicken?

panic.jpg

"Why am I the only one freaking out about this America?!"

LOL. That is hilarious. That looks like Glenn Beck. I don't watch much network news due to children and thier penchant for animation, but I do know who he is. I check FoxNews website along with MSNBC on my blackberry at lunch sometimes. CNN doesn't work on my phone for some reason.

I did read on some of the media sites that he is coming out with alot of what you would call "conspiracy theory" stuff.

But IMHO mixing facts, theory, and a teleprompters opinion is a dangerous combination.

Especially when a terd like Beck is the one reading from it. He is not very credible in my book.

Last edited:
To top it off, he is one of the most influencial tea party leaders. Even if the chance is small, i hope he and his thralls dont get one of their puppets elected. Its like nuclear war, the chance is smalll but you shoulden't risk it.

Can't say I didn't expect that. Many predicted it. The tea party was a grassroots movement, now you see corporate media and establishment republicans rushing to try to take the reigns.

Maybe that is why he is freaking out. Corporate media's hold on how conservatives think was at stake!

Yeah it's Beck, he's been on every major news network and finally found a home on Fox. I like to watch him occasionally cos he's so wild and out there able to draw curvy lines between completely random data leading to the most convoluted conclusions you can possibly imagine.

Even O'Reily says Beck is unapproachable, paranoid in the extreme locking himself in his TV and radio sets and not speaking to anyone going in or out. Just imagine working with a dozen or so Becks all with some dire conspiracy going on everyday! I think that's what absorbing too much conspiracy stuff does is start to make you paranoid. If you want you can find connections and inspirations in all sorts of things if you try hard enough.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck
Michael Moore
Michael Savage
Al Gore
Keith Olbermann
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

all certifiably insane..
I watch/listen to all of them on occasion..
they are the scariest people out there..

Scot

what i like about the Tea Party is most of them are guys like me, individuals that have looked at DC and said enough is enough from both parties, something needs to change so that DC actually listens to the rest of the US......sure some of the guys coming to the front are whackos but alot of the candidates put forth by both parties over the years have been whackos so its to be expected.....overall i like the Tea Parties stance and if they stick to it and stay out of the horrible DC "you scratch my back ill scratch yours" ill continue to support them.....if they turn into just another demo or repyub party but under a different name i will not be happy

Back