What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOTE Pepsi to Prevent Extinction!!!

Voted and posted on Facebook.

voted and posted =)

You have my vote guys! I'll vote daily. Its so important to preserve locations as this, there's enough destroyed already!!

Keep on Voting!

Hi Folks:

This is a great response! Keep up the pressure, keep voting, and continue to enlist people to vote. Remember, we need your vote every day in October to win and prevent extinction of this important northern most pitcher plant population in Virginia. If I read the Pepsi site correctly this morning we are in the top 20 applications. If we can keep up this level of effort, and continue to enlist new people, we've got a shot at winning.

Thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Voted from link and text. (see edit in top post for new information!!)

Last edited:
I looked at the site yesterday but didn't vote because I don't have a facebook account (nor do I want one) and I didn't want to sign up [for a Pepsi account]!

BUT thanks Andrew for telling me about the text message. I never text and here is an opportunity!

Needless to say, I voted.

Last edited:
SDCPs glad my information has helped people vote :) Also, you can create an account specifically for the pepsi project if you don't have or want facebook =) Those of you that like your privacy... could even get a free yahoo or whatever email address to use for this for the next month... but I doubt they use your email for anything... I've not gotten anything at least.
Andrew

Man, that's crazy. Just two plants. One little misguided lawn mower and they're done. Makes me think about how many endangered things we kill every day when we deforest even a little bit of the forest. This gets my vote! Are these guys helping these plants spread, like pollinating the flowers for it and what not? Or are they just trying to let nature take care of that?

EDIT: It was odd too, somehow I was already registered with Pepsi for my email. Never remember that...

Eric.

SDCPs glad my information has helped people vote :) Also, you can create an account specifically for the pepsi project if you don't have or want facebook =) Those of you that like your privacy... could even get a free yahoo or whatever email address to use for this for the next month... but I doubt they use your email for anything... I've not gotten anything at least.
Andrew

So am I!

I meant that I didn't want to create an account with Pepsi either. See my post for the edit. I'm sorry I wasn't clear on that :blush:
Man, that's crazy. Just two plants. One little misguided lawn mower and they're done. Makes me think about how many endangered things we kill every day when we deforest even a little bit of the forest. This gets my vote! Are these guys helping these plants spread, like pollinating the flowers for it and what not? Or are they just trying to let nature take care of that?

EDIT: It was odd too, somehow I was already registered with Pepsi for my email. Never remember that...

Eric.

Misguided lawn mower?--watch the movie. It explains about the seeds and proves that a lawnmower won't be roaming around the site because it's in the middle of a forest ;)

Voted in my daily click folder!

Voted, Promoted, and e-moted

:)

I've been away to long....

Voted, Promoted, and e-moted

:)

I've been away to long....

love the avatar, are you Aries the ram , or Viking? Me ? Aries , I want your hat LOL.
here is my 3 rd vote

Phil,
Voting to try to help you get the money to save the pitcher plant site.

Thanks for all the support on this project from everyone here. I shot another video with Phil and the crew as a sort of tour of the facilities and some of the plants.

I will probably edit it some more... But here it is enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_U2EJt1Pbs

Sunday vote and text are in. Neat vid Michael. =)

Voted again. Doesn't seem to be moving up in ranking. Still early though.

Back