What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOTE Pepsi to Prevent Extinction!!!

Please vote. Only a few days left in the Pepsi competition.

I voted.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I am so sorry Phil :cry:

Looks like most people have given up hope. 495th place is not a winner.

The moral is low. From what I saw, we never even made it past 100 in the boom times.

What I'm asking now: Is there still a chance? Even a remote one?

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Voted Again.

got my today votes in. If we fell that fast, we could climb that fast.. but only if people push. There really isn't any more I can do. =(

Only a few days left to vote in the Pepsi grant competition. Please keep voting.

It's the most soul-gratifying vote you'll cast in the next week! :bigthumpup:

Hi Folks:

Our current rank is 136 (when did you see 459?). Our best days we got into the mid 120's. We're signed up for the November voting category so don't give up hope. Even if we don't win this month we may make it into the November run and be much better organized with our voting blocks.

The main issue is voter fatigue. We can't win if people don't vote everyday. We're trying to expand our voting base to get the votes to win. Even if we don't win the grant, we have still raised a tremendous amount of awareness for the plight of these plants. Thank you all for your time, effort, and support of the project.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan
Meadowview

Phil - most of yesterday the detail page for the "idea" said the rank was 495 but if you viewed the award category by current leaders the rank was 133. There must be some sort of glitch on the detail page because if you clicked on the link to 494 it would jump something that was rated 132.

People, don't get discouraged and keep voting. People voting for the higher ranked ideas could get lazy thinking they've cinched the award and not vote.

got mine in too .

Got my vote in.

Voted

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Phil - most of yesterday the detail page for the "idea" said the rank was 495 but if you viewed the award category by current leaders the rank was 133. There must be some sort of glitch on the detail page because if you clicked on the link to 494 it would jump something that was rated 132.

People, don't get discouraged and keep voting. People voting for the higher ranked ideas could get lazy thinking they've cinched the award and not vote.

Right on :-D

Voooo-ted

My thurs votes are in.

Hi Folks:

This is the last day to vote in the Pepsi Refresh Grant Competition. We're currently at 136. O.K., we're not going to win this month but let's at least stay in the top ten of the planet category. We are pre-applied to be in the November competition, and we want to try and keep some momentum going, should we get in. Also, please consider this is a national competiton, and we don't know who may be lurking out there and ultimately might want to support this conservation effort. Continued effort and support may result in a big conservation dividend.

I would also like to thank all the folks who have voted and helped us in this effort. In particular, I would to thank our web master Mike Smith, our intern Nathan Rudnick, and ICPS Facebook man Ken Collins. The following nurseries and organizations provided significant support for the initiative and we thank tham as well.

1. ICPS - home page graphic, multiple Facebook plugs, letter sent to BACPS
2. New England Carnivorous Plant Society - multiple Facebook plugs
3. Ohio Carnivorous Plant Society - multiple Facebook plugs
4. Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society - newsletter mention

Retail Nurseries
1. California Carnivores - Home page graphic & multiple Facebook plugs
2. Sarracenia Northwest - Home page graphic, multiple Facebook plugs, newsletter plug
3. Predatory Plants - Home page graphic, multiple Facebook plugs, newsletter plug

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

What happened to votebots?

just kidding

Back