What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Art in the Woods

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Found a new 2 track today in some woods on the nice side of town. Followed it back about 3 miles to find some random graphing.
Sorry, I forgot the camera so the pics were taken with my iPhone.. kind of low quality.

The trail was a bit tight.. but nothing my truck couldn't handle!

IMG_1061.jpg

The graphs were pretty solid!!

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

On the way back saw a lone locomotive just chillin' in the woods. If it's still there tomorrow I'll go in for a closer look. I've had a thing for trains since I was a kid with model railroads.

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow! The colors on those designs are soooooo crisp and vibrant.
What a nice thing to stumble upon!

It was wild.. Just a long concrete wall all graphed up 3 miles out in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't figure out why there would be a wall out there.

"Graffiti" can be awesome... I especially like sidewalk art (I can't believe some people complain about it!) And it's amazing what you'll find in the woods... I once found an old rowboat in the middle of nowhere, no idea how it got there, and it's hard to imagine what will make someone abandon a traincar... maybe a notorious Michigan tornado? :0o:

Crazy discovery. That's some pretty wicked art, for sure.

I remember in elementary school, my best friend lived in an abandoned train. Never understood how they had running water and electricity...but uh..yeah. It was the craziest thing- cramped, but really cool.

Is there a particular train that's your favorite?

Crazy discovery.

Is there a particular train that's your favorite?

Thanks, I pride myself on my odd finds.

My favorite trains are the ones that move on railroad tracks. Not a big fan of the EL trains or subways.

You were probably riding on an old railroad bed, (often two different railroads ran very close to each other, running down the same corridor..so your trail is probably an abandoned railroad line, making the "rail trail" ,and the active railroad, with the lone locomotive, is still in use) the concrete wall is probably a bridge abutment for a third railroad line that crossed over top..
its twin is probably over on the other side of the active tracks..

The locomotive is a Union Pacific Railroad General Electric AC4500CW (called a C45ACCTE on UP), only a few years old, very modern power. railfans call them "wings" engines, because of the wings on the nose..
it wont be there for long..perhaps it was set out because it had minor problems..they probably didnt even let it sit there overnight..they will send another locomotive out to pick it up very quickly

Im a tiny bit into trains myself!

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos

just a little bit.. ;)

Scot

Im a tiny bit into trains myself!

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos

just a little bit.. ;)

Scot

Ya think!! lol :0o: I love how it's endless trains.. then CP's snuck in at the end.
When I was a kid I dreampt of having a set up in the basement with model railroads running around the walls, through tunnels, with little towns and mountains and stuff. I remember up until about 10 years ago the hot spot here to get a good breakfast on the weekends had that same thing. A train ran around the entire restaraunt on a track near the ceiling. Way cool..

oh wow! thats quite awesome to find in a wooded area like that. Near my school, there is a graffitti district with tons of the stuff. I really love grafitti when its artistic like this, not like the stupid gangbanger crap thats in every imaginable part of my town.

man the color choices they used are quite awesome too. Hope to see crisper pics one day. :)

Back