What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sulfur Recommendations?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I want to try a bare root / fridge dormancy with some of my temperates, like the sundews and was thinking about using sulfur, which the Brits are fond of espousing. What products do we have on this side of the Pond? I've checked Lowes & Home Depot and am not sure if what they have is safe for CP's. I don't think Copper Sulfate is safe.

Hey Jim,

The sulfur powder I've got is a sulfur plant fungicide, it's 90% sulfur and 10.00% other ingredients. I would stay away from the copper sulfate unless someone can state otherwise, sounds risky. Neem and regular checks work well for fridge dormancies but if you're wanting to try the sulfur I can see what the local nursery has. Maybe I could send some your way if you can't find anything fitting?

That would be great fi you can check into a sulfur-based fungicide for me. I do have Neem on hand, just in case. I definitely do want to use it on our N.A. sundews. Thanks.

Here is what I've been using for the past two winters ,and have pretty good luck with plants not rotting or getting fungi ,
IMG_3357.jpg

Hey Jim,

Safer brand makes a good sulfur based fungicide which is what I've always used and had good luck with. It comes in a green bottle and is sold at most garden centers.

Jim, what Jimmy has pictured is what I have found. Mine comes in a cylindrical can but the labels seem to be the same. I"ll take a look and let you know, surely some store in your area must carry it.

I know one thing.... nether Lowes nor H.D. carries it.

will it be possible for us to use the trioderma?

Back