What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots Going On

Everyone knows May/December romance is futile right? And you can't fall in love with someone a world away and expect it to work, especially when she is a Goddess and you're an old guy with like zero net worth...right??...and if she's married with kids...even more impossible ...right? And I'm married too, and to a woman I love as well, and whom I'll never leave. It's utterly impossible, right? Good! Now that you have that straight, convince me! Or better yet, wish me the best because I'm going to need it because I can't let this slip by. I'm scared out of my wits, and happier than words can tell. Love has found me again, and I have GOT to make this work! Not sneaking around either, although I do believe this isn't Love 101...this is an upper level course. For me, the last decade was like what happened when Pandora opened the box....stinging nasty heartaches, lost friends, illness, despair...and then, unlocked for and unexpected the last thing out of the box is Hope. It is She in the flesh, saying "trust this" and for the 3rd tie in life I've said "I do". Friends, don't think ill of me...if I don't do this I'll regret it for the rest of my long life. Also, if you know her name, please keep this quiet. I'm not supposed to crow, but I seriously need to say something to someone because the Big Bang ain't got nothing on this, and I can't keep it hid!!!

Now do I push post or delete this, LOL. Awwww, what the heck.....you guys are about all the family I got....so....

Tamlin,
Life is short, and we only have the person staring us in the mirror when all is said and done.
I don't think anyone here (especially) is perfect enough to cast the first stone.
Besides, it is YOUR LIFE, which makes you the boss of where to steer the "boat".
At least you are not depending on someone else or some doctrine to tell you what to do... (which you obviously don't agree with to begin with)! Stay true to yourself. God gave you a brain and a heart. SO use them and trust that they are functioning well.

I hope whatever you decide, and whatever you do, that you will find contentment and happiness.
In life it is usually NOT what we do that we regret the most, it is what we do not do that eats at us for the rest of our lives.

Besides, you always have CP's to fall back on!

As I often say, life is too short to take too seriously!
Good Luck and take care.

No, I won't tell you that you are being foolish or stupid/crazy or naive! (Even if you are!) It is up to you to figure out what is best for you to do. My only advice is, be sure you don't need a bridge BEFORE you burn it! There is often no going back when it comes to these things. Also, not knowing the circumstances, the pain you may be causing others is going to be a lot for people to deal with. Whether they are partly at fault or not, only you know. Just watch whether you are reaping in good karma from past efforts, or creating bad karma that you will have to pay for later is something only you yourself can know. (Not that I believe in karma in a way that most people do, but life does often give us what is best for us. Like it or not!)

Last edited:
You can't stop yourself from feeling how you do, that's for sure. And it sounds like you feel very strongly about this - enough to post it on TF! However:

You must think, imagine, however hard it may be, about how you will feel if you make this decision, if you sever the ties with this woman you already love. In the heat of the moment it may seem worth the sacrifice but, later on, what if it's not?

Who knows. To me it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

In the end, we are just bundles of carbon, water and energy, what we do will ultimately amount to nothing in the relative scheme of the planet's life cycle. Remember this, and live for what you TRULY love, when the day is through, all emotions aside, just what it is that you TRULY love.

In the end, we are just bundles of carbon, water and energy, what we do will ultimately amount to nothing in the relative scheme of the planet's life cycle.

"Home Soil"
"Ugly Bags Of Mostly Water we try at peace, you do not listen. Bag who drill in Sand Of Home had to die."

-- Lifeform in ST:TNG "Home Soil"

Back