What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider, Blue fangs

I was messing with one of those types of spiders that bit me and it bared these blue fangs, T style with the 2 front legs up and everything.
I didn't get a pic of that but got these pics in low light.
PICS

spider5.jpg

spider4-1.jpg

spider3-1.jpg

spider2-1.jpg

spider1-1.jpg

Anyone know what this is?
I know nothing about insects.
Peace,
Zero

Last edited:
What an adorable jumping spider!

I cannot tell you what species, only type. Jumpers are quite intelligent; they WATCH what you are doing. Loads of fun.

Beautiful! Are you keeping him/her?

Did you post about when you got bit? If so, I forget what you said the effects were.

It felt like a bee sting but a bit more mild.
Bit 2 times quick, In the time it took to feel it and look down the spider was already almost under the stairs.
I am definitely not going to keep one :)
I did post about the bite.
I was worried about an allergic reation to the bite.
Beautiful! Are you keeping him/her?

Did you post about when you got bit? If so, I forget what you said the effects were.

i took a few pictures of one the other day. they are very photogenic spiders :)

IMG_3668.jpg

Looks like a Phiddipus audax? I want one!

That's like way cool - a Frank Sinatra tarantula!

You can go out and catch one, feed it moths, they like flying food.

I saw one today out back, eating a fly twice her size. Cool spiders.

Amazing little guys!
Very cool fangs and eyes!
While I am not a spider collector, they are still very interesting creatures.

Apparently they can sell for quite an amount too.
I saw somewhere on arachnoboards.com where someone tried to buy 20 Blue Fangs for $500.00 a few years ago! That's like $25 each! A lot of money to spend on some spiders as far as I am concerned, (assuming you can afford to risk that kind of cash in the first place) blue fangs, blue eyes, cute or not!
(Love the Frank Sanatra comparison!) :-D

Although I guess some of us here collecting plants take the same sort of risk!
Sorry to hear someone here got bitten however. Seems collecting rare and expensive things does have it's "dangers", and if you aren't careful you could be "bitten" ....or worse! :spidersmile: [Eaten alive!] :-O

So cute with those sweet little blue eyes! Who would guess what they are really capable of!
Well, a spider is a spider, is a spider! :spider:
Good luck everyone!

Back