What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Sorry the first set here is super extra blurry/bad lighting, but I'm just recovering from giving blood a few days ago and still a little light-headed...

'dew ghetto - just got a bunch of gemmae so those aren't all empty pots :-O
PB050027.jpg

New boschianaXcampy - has flowered before and is female, has a good 3 basals starting under the soil line!! :awesome: (just came in yesterday)
PB050028.jpg

(lowii X veitchii) X campanulata - just came in last night, should be a stunner!
PB050029.jpg

truncata X campanulata - just came in last night too...
PB050030.jpg

new jacq pitcher just opening (nestled in with veitchii leaves)
PB050031.jpg

tentaculata just opening (the big one in the middle :p)
PB050032.jpg

newest Song of Melancholy pitcher opened up
PB050033.jpg

only other Song of Melancholy pitcher I have...came with the plant when I got it a monthish ago
PB050034.jpg

and my mikei
PB050037.jpg

...newest pitcher that just opened:
PB050036.jpg

PB050035.jpg

very nice!! i cant wait to have a jacq pitcher !

Thanks!! Yeah jacq...I get the feeling that after the 100 degrees F day we had yesterday I might be losing some jacq pitchers XD

Nicely done sir.
... or Mademoiselle ... :nono:

Nice job Zu! I still think you need to be doing some house hunting. Those plants grow much and ... :0o:
Thanks!! Yeah jacq...I get the feeling that after the 100 degrees F day we had yesterday I might be losing some jacq pitchers XD
Supposedly jacq's are more touchy than jamban's & my jamban pouted all summer in the basement where the temps w/ lights barely got above 80*F (but I probably didn't get a good night temp drop like you do either).

Wonderful looking plants. Is one of those Female Boschiana x Campy basals spoken for, LOL..

... or Mademoiselle ... :nono:

Nice job Zu! I still think you need to be doing some house hunting. Those plants grow much and ... :0o:
Supposedly jacq's are more touchy than jamban's & my jamban pouted all summer in the basement where the temps w/ lights barely got above 80*F (but I probably didn't get a good night temp drop like you do either).

:lol: indeed... Yeah jamban's super poutey when jacqs are doing fine so maybe it's all lies and jacq can actually stand it warmer. The only things that aren't uhl and Helis (because I brought those into the AC in the morning luckily!!) that are super wilty after those temps are one SG ((veitchii X maxima) X veitchii) X campanulata, and an SG thorelli X campanulata. SibuXTM looked a little sad too, but otherwise everything is doing OK.

Wonderful looking plants. Is one of those Female Boschiana x Campy basals spoken for, LOL..

:lol: you and wanting every female evar... those basals are going to take a while to pop up through the soil anyway.

:lol: indeed... Yeah jamban's super poutey when jacqs are doing fine so maybe it's all lies and jacq can actually stand it warmer. The only things that aren't uhl and Helis (because I brought those into the AC in the morning luckily!!) that are super wilty after those temps are one SG ((veitchii X maxima) X veitchii) X campanulata, and an SG thorelli X campanulata. SibuXTM looked a little sad too, but otherwise everything is doing OK.

:lol: you and wanting every female evar... those basals are going to take a while to pop up through the soil anyway.

LOL, What can I say, I collect females like you collect everything campy, LOLOLOL, Plus, I love making new hybrids for everyone here :lol:

Last edited:
Awesome plants!!
You make me want to get new neps :p

Thanks, and :mwahaha: ... :p

By popular request, hamatas:
PB050001.jpg

...random unknown origin clone (maybe AW? Maybe BE? who knows...)
PB050003.jpg

...BE lumut clone (hamata experts - does that growth point look OK? I'm used to emerging leaves being bigger...)
PB050004.jpg

...supposedly AW clone #4
PB050005.jpg

and the one with red leaves without pitchers is a BE SG that hasn't got any pitchers at the moment :-(

...And the latest AW shipment that I got 2 months ago, the helis are putting out pitchers finally! This is the first pitcher its made for me and the first mature pitcher on the ciliata:
PB050007.jpg

the neblinae var parva is working on its first pitcher for me and its first mature pitcher (yes, stickynote on capensis red flower stalk in the background to catch the seeds so they don't grow *everywhere*... if you want them, tell me and I'll ship them to you in the U.S. XD):
PB050009.jpg

here's an etiolated sp. Akopan pitcher too :p
PB050008.jpg

the newest N.sibuXhamata pitcher to open for me...definitely has sibu in it with that winding tendril
PB050010.jpg

bongso pitcher *still* growing!
PB050011.jpg

same with the vietchii seedgrown - it'll have stripes on the peristome so I can't *wait* for it to open!!
PB050012.jpg

stenophylla just opened up last night/this morning - it'll get stripes on the peristome in a week or so
PB050013.jpg

group shot! jamban, alata variegata & Song of Melancholy
PB050014.jpg

the talanXveitchii I adore so much
PB050015.jpg

khasiana that's going to a new home today - it's made 2 pitchers since I got it 5ish months ago, working on growing in another, and overall one of my best growers
PB050016.jpg

...almost d.scorpioides gemmae season
PB050018.jpg

and a volunteer binata or something in the pygmy dew pot (roseana mostly in the background)
PB050020.jpg

Always such wonderful looking plants. Keep em coming.

Oh thanks :p now that it's cooled down I should be getting more pitchers forming again, didn't have much to show last month..

:lol: at the sticky note.

Everything is coming along gorgeously though! :-D

Well otherwise I'd have capensis minibogs instead of sarr minibogs O-: Thanks!

Here's more:

rubra gulfensis green (yeah, it's caterpillars-eating-my-plants time of year :glare:)
PB060021.jpg

umlauftiana
PB060022.jpg

little darlingtonia with BIG tongues :p
PB060023.jpg

Heli hetero fuzz
PB060024.jpg

ventXTM (b) still there from months ago...
PB060025.jpg

and a nice sticky gigantea
PB060026.jpg

Nice!

About the small leaf on the hamata....they typically do this when they are exposed to temps too high for their liking, or when they are repotted.

That's absolutely the nicest looking thumb on the forums!

Hehehe...thanks :p

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

About the small leaf on the hamata....they typically do this when they are exposed to temps too high for their liking, or when they are repotted.

Ahh...I see. Thx.

Ooooh, nice! Looking very nice :love:

Back