What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HUGE fire next door PICS

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
I woke up to a HUGE fire next door.
Most of the pics were taken from my front porch and you can see my white apartment building in some pics.
There were 2 counties that responded to the fire with 75+ firefighters on scene.
All the water flooded the street.
13 people were left homeless:(
I think the fire was started by someone but details haven't been released yet.
It scared the heck out of me. I saw some of the tenents in shock walking by and screaming, crying.
I was going on straight adrenaline when I snapped most of my photos.
some pics,

fire12.jpg

fire25.jpg

fire23.jpg

fire16.jpg

fire13.jpg

fire10.jpg

fire8.jpg

fire22.jpg

fire19.jpg

fire18.jpg

fire6.jpg

aftermath,

fire20.jpg

fire5.jpg
Peace,
Zero

Last edited:
Oh dear, that's awful.
Great prospective shots though.

Wow. Awful stuff. Did they evacuate you and the people in your building?

Brokken,
No they didn't evacuate us.
I thought the fire might jump over here when I first saw it.
I was going to grab a bucket of water when I first saw the fire.
There were embers landing all over the roof here.
They did evacuate the houses next door though.
The fire looked like it was out then flames started leaping out of the building again.
I think it was 4-5AM when they finally got the fire out.

Last edited:
I've lived through my own house fire, and lost a friend to one.. Was everyone okay?

Last edited:
Glad you;re alright... Sorry this happened... :(

Man, that's scary!

We had a neighbor's house burn down once. Another time it was a whole shopping center/apartment that, from a mile away, was raining down chunks of charcoal an inch across.

Scary stuff!

That is awful!
The aftermath of the apartment looks awful :(

MM,
Everyone was okay thank god.

thats completely dreadful....a similar event occurred in my neighborhood, my neighbors garage exploded due to an electrical failure and excess amounts of gunpowder..

My sympathies to those whose houses were lost in this fire..

Oh S%^T! That was close to home. My aunt's house burned down on Christmas eve 10 years ago. Horrible time of year for this kind of thing.

That is a suspicious burn pattern. The hot spot is at ground level and at the inside corner. They will probably want to check the owners insurance policy.

I glad everyone is alright, but those families lost everything and most probably did not have renters insurance.

Back