What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"you do not have permission to access this page"

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
jimscott, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Why do I occasionally get this message?

Maybe you're trying to access a thread that was closed or deleted.

Could be bec it has been deleted ?

It happens when I go to check out a new member.

I get that once in awhile. Reloading the page once or twice solves it. It could be the server isn't pushing out pages fast enough or something. It happens anywhere, reading threads, PMs etc.

could also be that the member has privacy settings engaged that would prevent you from viewing.

I've noticed that with brand-new members too.
I imagine it's because Andy or a Mod hasn't activated their account yet, you know, validating it to make sure it's not someone previously banned or spam.
As in, the account is created, so it shows up in the system, no way of helping that. But it's not actually...activated yet, thus there's nothing for us to see, since we're not mods to pass or deny it.

My hypothesis anyway.

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks, Liz!

I'm going to guess i< Carnivores has the right answer there... I have been using a manual user check method for a while now where I accept and monitor new users personally. I'll check and see if maybe I have something wrong set for that temp usergroup- or it could be the ones I have not approved at all yet, which I don't think it's possible at all for you guys to view them. As of this topic, users dmagnan and PapaWhisky have not been accepted by me. Was it one of those?
Andrew

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

edit: now both have been approved....

PapaWhisky was the one today.

Back