What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Camera-Some nice Macro Shots

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Got the Canon Powershot SX 130 IS. All I have to say to anyone considering it: go for it!

Welsophyllia(Coral):
IMG_0002.jpg

N. Ventricosa
IMG_0039.jpg

Paph. Primulinum x Sanderianum:
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

U. Bisquamata:
IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

D. Ditchoma Giant
IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

D. Ericksoniae x Pulchella
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Very nice, Adam! I'm jealous! :drool:

D. Capensis(Alba, All Red, and Typical):
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

D. Hamiltonii
IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Some Drosera Seedlings, either Spat or Capensis:
IMG_0100.jpg

D. Lake Badgerup
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

P. Moranensis Hybrid
IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

P. Aphrodite
IMG_0063.jpg

And Lastly, A giant clump of U. Livida(potted tonight) which I got from Lois.
IMG_0101.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Very nice, Adam! I'm jealous! :drool:

Thanks... Next time I'm getting a copyright producer on these pics, i'm going to use the Edit tool in photobucket to copyright some...

BTW, You have the Fujuifilm Finepix, right?
The silver/grey one?
That's the one we had, but it broke :( (We still have it though, takes some good background shots)

Yeah, Fujifilm S1800. Preordered it, actually. Now they sell for like, forty bucks less. I'm just like :headwall: It takes great pics though, I just need to take the time to get to know it better.

Last Pic - The ditchoma Giant's "Graveyard"

nice :)
but for how much it is, ill spend the extra 100$ and get the Nikon D3000 that we have at my work :)

nice :)
but for how much it is, ill spend the extra 100$ and get the Nikon D3000 that we have at my work :)

We needed a replacement camera, our main one is mainly broken, and we needed something under $250. We were considering Pentax Optio, but we saw this at walmart, there was a package of batteries there, so we tried a practice shot with the macro, and it works great from ever .5 Cm away... it would work closer, but it blocks out the light after that!

Great pics!! Keep em' coming!

Was that a pygmy dew with a colony of utrics?

beautiful shots! I'm sure you will be able to produce many more wonderful photos as you plants continue to grow.

I just took some more pictures-the Canon software has a zoom-in editing tool. Wait till you see some of the pics!

Canon makes some good cameras, eh? ^.~

Yeah. I really want a rebel.
This was $200, and most of the time is clear.

I just got a Rebel T1i. It. Is. Amazing. It's my first DSLR, so I don't even know half of what I probably should to use it to the fullest, but let me tell you: it is a blast.

I was, however, disappointed with its inability to get macro shots without a macro lens (another $400), but that's the game with DSLRs. Once I do get a macro lens, though, it'll blow my old Canon Powershot out of the water.

What IS a DSLR? Always heard the term, but never understood it.
Well, it's finally time!
Drosera Ericksoniae x Pulchella:
2010_12_2374CroppedAndCopyrighted.jpg

Drosera Ditchoma Giant(Not the best photo. Far from being the best).
2010_12_2371CroppedandCopyrighted.jpg

Drosera Capensis-Alba then Typical
2010_12_2370Cropped2andCopyrighted.jpg

2010_12_2056CroppedandCopyrighted.jpg

The best for last-Drosera Hamiltonii
2010_12_2382CroppedAndCopyrighted.jpg

DSLR = Digital Single-Lens Reflect. It's the type a Rebel is, typically the ones with detachable lenses and such.

Nice shots!

Ah!
Thanks!

Oops wrong thread!

Nice Paph!!! The petals put my Raisin Pie to shame.

Back