What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Sarracenia to good home

I'm putting my kids to sleep for the winter. This year, I grew them in a four-inch top-layer of long-fiber sphagnum moss. The good: the rhizomes expanded DRAMATICALLY making lots of babies. The bad: I already have hundreds of Sarrs and am out of room.
I have lots of extra tarnok, regular leucos, S. rubras that I know are endangered but aren't sure of the species (thanks to squirrel label predation), oreos, and others that I would be willing to share with someone who will care for them. I live in northwest Ohio, so you'd have to be willing to pick them up.
Thanks.

to bad i live in ny other wise id be there

Hmm...
I live in Pittsburgh, how long of a drive do you think that'd be?

Free Sarracenia plant list

Now that I've finished bringing all of the kids in, I have a list (most or less) of the plants I have available. All are in sealed plastic bags and well-sprayed with fungicide (the same routine I've done for decades.) Here is the list:
-S. rubra gulfensis "Red"
-S. flava "Maxima"
-S. courtii "Red" (a real beauty)
-S. leuco "Green"
-S. oreophila "lightly veined"
-S. alata "Red/Black"
-S. alata
-S. leuco (had LOTS of leuco babies this year)
-S. leuco "Titan"
-S. rubra jonesii
-S. "endangered species of rubra" I don't know exactly what species it is because the critters pulled out the name tags, but it is from one of my endangered rubra pots.
-S. flava "Cut-throat"
-S. x Llama
-S. X Dixie Lace
-A variety of hybrids, most very fancy from North Carolina University's program.
-S (psitt x jonesii) x jonesii "all green" (a beauty)
-S. oreo

There are several dozen plants here. I can't/won't ship them (sorry)...just too much work and they are quite a volume of plants.
I hope somebody gets them who takes care of them...as I said previously, it seemed like growing everything in deep pots of long-fiber sphagnum moss just absolutely allowed them to reproduce like crazy (the leucos, rubra jonesii, and dixie lace went absolutely nuts!)
I live close to Toledo, Ohio. Let me know if you're interested.
dnieter

I live in California. :blush:

I wish you luck finding good homes for your divisions. :-D. You have a number of really pretty plants on that list.

I'm only a couple hours from Toledo.. I could probably make the drive down sometime this week or next.
PM'ed..

Rats I was just up in Toledo for work recently.

Just wanted to say THANKS again for all the wonderful plants. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics come spring and summer.

Back