What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher Plants on Jones Soda labels

Hello, CP enthusiasts! I have a daring new and exciting pursuit for us. As I was reading a bottle of Jones Soda, I noticed that they have a varying array of pictures on their labels. This stood out to me as a media for pitcher plants to be introduced to the general public; as an iconic and beautiful plant. Basically I want to get you to Vote, It's easier that Pepsi ever could be, you can only vote once, and it would be really cool to see Sarracenia on a bottle of Jones soda all over the world in thousands of stores.

Here is the link, Please help :-D

http://www.jonessoda.com/gallery/view.php?ID=1196419&offset=10

75637_459680211197_500236197_6053493_1884180_n.jpg

Great idea!

I'm not sure about the quality of this particular picture... that said if someone else has a better one, I'd be willing to rep it. I do think this is a great media for getting the plants some attention.

I just finished off a 4 pack of creme soda.. Gotta love the Jones!

I think, however, that a Leuco, Minor, or Flava would be most likely to win for the label, as compared to other species.
That being said, however, there are numerous hybrids and cultivars that have a very nice shape and color.

I support others attempting to get a CP on the Jones label, it is easy to submit just follow the sites directions. If you do submit a picture please post the vote link here.

Thats a rather fantastic idea! Perhaps you can try shooting with a blank background, allowing for a higher contrast and more emphasis on the pitchers? also, im not sure what settings you used, or what kind of camera you used, or rather, how much into photogrpahy you are, but if i might add, and i mean not to sound pompous or anything, i am only offering friendly advice, the F stop you used (aperture setting) looks like it was relatively shallow, but not shallow enough signal to me that you did it intentionally. What i mean is, notice how the first pitcher is quite in focus, but they become less focused as the subjects get farther away? If you keep your F number around 2.8 to 4, and shoot perhaps around 45-55 mm, i believe it would gather all the pitchers in focus while significantly bluring the background, thus giving more emphasis on the plants. also, since its a jones soda bottle, just crop out, or recompose the shot so that the pitchers in the lower right corner are not apparent. Finally, the pic is slightly overexposed in my mind, and I feel a shorter exposure time might do the image some good. :)

These are all ideas of course, nothing personal. I've tried to learn a few things here and there about photography and shoot some myself, and I only wish to help, as I think its a perfectly awesome Idea to have sarracenia on a Jones Bottle! :)

Good luck, and I hope these plants make it onto the bottle!

Hey!
Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated. Criticism should never be taken as an insult. You know what your talking about, so thank you for caring enough to help. To date there have been 93 votes. THANK YOU ALL for your assistance.

recently I discovered that you can vote once for each elecronic devise you vote with, including computer, phone, i pad, ect... and once again thank you for supporting this idea.

Back