What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which one would you keep..

thez_yo

instigator
If you had to sell/give away all of your plants but just one, which one would you keep? :pics:

Every once in a while I contemplate which one is my favorite and..well, they're all my favorites. But if I think about it by pondering which one I'd keep if I had to give all but one away, the one I'd keep is actually a recent arrival, N. campanulata X (spectabilis X talangensis). I might change my opinion once I actually see pitchers on the newish boschiana X campanulata I have because it didn't come with any, but right now the campyX(specXtalan) is my favorite for its color (leaves and pitchers!) and shape and size.

PC020035.jpg

Sorry...don't have an updated leaves/whole plant pic right now..

I would hold onto my D. binata. It isn't my favorite plant but it's beautiful and can be propogated easily.

so.. one PLANT? or one POT!? thats whats stumping me! i was thinking along the same lines as jim but then realized most cps (to me, anyways) only look good in clumps or clusters. i'd have to go with venus flytraps. wether or not i could only keep one, or a whole pot. er, well, unless of course i had a nepenthes globosa (viking, whatever)

D. Prolifera !

why must you be sooo evil!?

if i had to---D. lanata. it's so compact and small, but insanely blessed with awesome coloration....then again, pond scum is pretty amazing too...

Last edited:
Either S. Purpurea or S. Ritchie Bell

Just ONE plant? You must be joking, or you mistyped something???

That's like asking the race car driver which wheel he would keep on his car.

But for the sake of fun, I guess I would possibly... I guess I'd keep my Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera
It seems like it would grow anywhere, it's big, colorful, hairy, vigorous. What more can you ask for?

DSCN5647.jpg

It would def be my lowii as i cant wait for it to get bigger n give me some crazy pitchers

My seedgrown hamata.

It seems a bit pedestrian, but I've had a N. maxima that has somehow survived for my entire carnivorous plant-collecting history. It has made it through my completely negligent and uninformed care in Junior High and High School, lived in my dorm rooms in College, and been dragged-around for about 5 other moves in the years after that. I don't think I could ever abandon that plant.

my seed grown N. villosa

N.jacquelineae, definitely. Especially the deep red form (I am still seeking this form)

either one of my seedgrown bario highland candy striped veitchii, or my seedgrown hamata...its hard to say right now haha.
or my female spectabilis DX
idk :< tis not fair to pick

Lotsa Nep freaks out there!

Its tough because I'm sure everyone has different reasons in mind for why they would be forced to get ride of nearly all of their collection.

If its space, or I move and my conditions no longer are appropriate for a huge collection, I would probably go with either N. ventricosa or N. 'Miranda,' because they are bullet proof and have the highest probability of surviving- maybe.

If its money (selling my plants because money is tight, or something,) I would probably keep either my heliamphora if I can keep my terrarium, or a Mexican Ping growing in a windowsill if I couldnt.

It cold drive you crazy trying to decide!

Back