What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TerraForums is the nicest place!

The personalities of the of the forums vary from hobby to hobby, and from people to people. Dare I say the orchid societies may look down at us CP'ers, we can never escape the levels society.[\QUOTE]

At least in my society, Pings are a must-have for the people. Take care of Fungus Gnats.

This forum is awesome......BECAUSE I'M HERE! :-))

Really though, the peeps on this forum are the nices I've met anywhere....almost no fighting and arguments.....very rare these days.

Things have calmed down and the trolls are gone for the most part... TF is the perfect place for a seasoned grower or just someone starting out. Hopefully the word spreads around more than once. :)

I wasn't aware we were looked down upon. The crazy orchid growers I know really seem to like Neps in any case. :p

TF IS awesome!

I've been on some...interesting... forums, and this is one of the best. FeeBay got really clique-y and hostile, aquaforum had some really nasty dirty trolls and was only moderated if you begged hard enough, and the mantis & roach forums I've found are both in permeant hibernation, with the most recent posts being somewhen around last Christmas.

I must say, though, that there is another awesome forum I frequent, a bearded dragon dedicated site. It's the same story here-- it's heavily moderated by ACTIVE members. A very friendly and helpful place. In fact, there are several "This place is awesome!" threads up right now, LoL!

Thanks, Andrew and everyone, for keeping it fun!

~Edit~
I forgot one! There's more of a bulletin board system I'm a part of, too. Remarkably, it's only lightly moderated, by stealth. The worst we ever get is occasional spam. Name-calling is limited to "scallawag" and "geezer", both usually accurate. :-))

The worst argument I've ever seen is whether the Potter 15 (14!) or Montgomery 15 is the fastest, a debate that's put to the test year after year--still inconclusive. LoL!

Last edited:
TF is a cross-section of our species. Typically, some people don't need governing. They will automatically be nice, friendly, self-controlled, etc.... Some people, no matter what you do, are argumentative, selfish, racist, whatever... It's the majority of people who are in between that needs just a few simple guidelines. I think that Andrew, the moderators, and Phil, before Andrew try to avoid extremes as much as possible.

Back