What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long have you been growing CPs?

I've been growing CP's all day long..

Seriously though.. I've been growing for ALMOST a year now. February is when I got my first CP. Only a couple more months and I'll have one year green time.

I got my first VFT when I was 11 at Woolworths but I wouldn't say that I was 'growing' it. More like slowly killing it. Then I tried growing them inside a terrarium with moist, rich loam in super hot, moist conditions thinking that's what they liked when I was 20. When I was living in my NYC apartment. There were few resources around and no internet, so I made the very common mistake of thinking that they grew in tropical conditions. If you count those experiences, then about 30 years. I've been SUCCESSFULLY growing them since March 2006, so nearly 5 years now.

That essentially has been my experience until I stumbled upon the discussion forums in 2003.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

About a year an a half.

I've been growing my collection slowly. So far I have a neps, a few sundews, a ceph and a ping.

Hey... aren't you a short-lived TV series?

Since 2000 when I got my first capensis from Home Depot. Kept it alive so I went back a few weeks later and got a flytrap. Then a massive order from Cook's, I was then hooked.

Since third grade, so probably...
5 years this may. I didn't start "Seriously" growing until 2008 though.

since october 05. snagged a S. 'Judith Hindle' from Target and it went down hill from there. my collection is but a fraction of what it used to be. but i still have a few plants. hoping to get back in the groove one day.

Alex

Oh yeah, for my first VFT, I actually kept it alive a few months... I had another VFT like 3 months later and that survived till winter... then I always bought in spring, killed mysteriously in winter till 2 years ago.

Back