What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new home, and it's inhabitants..

I want to share my experiences and photos with other GHOST believers. If you aren't one, please keep your skeptical and unnecessary comments to yourself.
Also, if you have stories or pics of your own.. PLEASE feel free to share them here.

So, back when my previous house was on this property I had some experiences that I could not explain with anything other than paranormal. Foot steps in the hallways, voices, and a long list of electrical issues.
Well, that house is long gone and a brand new one is now in it's place. I just moved in this week, and I am already having experiences. One day I was carrying some boxes in the front door and my mother and I both heard a faint female scream from the master bedroom. Which just so happens to be in the same location as my previous bedroom. Which also happens to be the place where I experienced the bulk of the incidences. Now, last night I was laying in bed, and I heard soft 'man whistling' clear as day. That spooked me to the point my stomach sank. And it wasn't just that.. I also had an overwhelming feeling that there was someone standing in the doorway.
The next day I remembered I took a few pics of each room of the new house back before I moved in. And what I found was, and wasn't surprising.
The orbs in these pictures are of different sizes, and locations in each pic. Proving the spots are not on the lens.

I count 4 in the H/L room

100_6248.jpg

the kitchen

100_6259.jpg

one, maybe two in the living room

100_6258.jpg

my walk in closet

100_6257.jpg

master bath shower

100_6256.jpg

one down by the tub, on the left side

100_6253.jpg

looking past dining room, into family room

100_6252.jpg

one in the master bedroom

100_6251.jpg

two on the other side of the master bedroom

100_6250.jpg

LL room

100_6249.jpg

guest bath

100_6247.jpg

FOUR in the family room!!

100_6246.jpg

laundry room

100_6245.jpg

Funny.. While making this thread I heard thumping so damn loud, I could feel it in the floors. And I'm home alone. Well, sort of..

Last night while i was looking at the chrismas pictures we took that day my family saw many orbs in a few pictures

Don't use the flash, you won't get orbs.

Hope it's just my imagination getting the best of me.. but the whistling and faint scream kinda creeped me out. And being here alone doesn't help much either.. That, and I watch entirely too many ghost shows.
In any case, I love my new house!

Dust Particles are what i was thinking of roo. Nice place though! Does that woman come with the walk-in closet :p

Dust Particles are what i was thinking of roo. Nice place though! Does that woman come with the walk-in closet :p

my mother was a package deal, yes.. :blush:
I'll take some more pics now that I'm all moved in. If I see anymore orbs, I'll be sure to vacuum.

Could the thumping be caused by your heating system? We've got a steam heating system, and once or twice a week it sounds a construction crew is taking a hammer to the pipes...

Could the thumping be caused by your heating system? We've got a steam heating system, and once or twice a week it sounds a construction crew is taking a hammer to the pipes...

God I hope so.. because if it isn't, then there's an animal down there. Still getting loud thumps as of minutes ago. I'll do a critter inspection later today.

maybe just some air bubbles in the pipes or a motor turning on/off, turning the water on at high rlly suddenly makes it sound like that here.

Those orbs are dust particles reflecting light.....not saying that your house isn't haunted, just saying that orbs are usually dust unless they are mure luminus and less transparent.

Those other experiences you had though....they might be something.....

Fog aswell.
this is a pic i took years ago at night in the dunes near the ocean.

clever way to show off your new house :-D

Last edited:
That kitchen is :love:

I don't buy into the orbs = dust theory, cause dude, I'm sure there's more dust than 2-4 particles.
I believe in ghosts. I've had scary stuff happen to me, and I'm pretty sure Sam would be chillin with me sometimes, too. That wasn't scary, though. Would I want to live in a for serious haunted house with screams and stuff though? Absolutely not. Anything definitely paranormal is something I couldn't handle and can't have in my life. I can't even watch the shows sometimes >.>

I've personally witnessed more than one thing that I'd think the average person would classify as "paranormal," some of it actually quite alarming and had me absolutely terrified at the time. As I've gotten older and more into science, I've done (very limited) research on things like M-Theory, or Membrane Theory, Brane Theory for short. Based on my own (again, very limited) understanding of the theory and the things I've experienced, I've determined the theory to be a relatively plausible explanation for "paranormal" things occurring all the time in our lives.

I am going to attempt to diagram my own thoughts on the matter with what's available here in the text editor. Too lazy to open up Photoshop. ;/

The theory basically (again, remember I only have limited understanding of this all, so take it all with a grain of salt) explains that there are multiple "membranes" sort of floating and waving around in space, each brane representative of a dimension. Something like:

(SCRATCH THAT. OUT COMES PHOTOSHOP. Beware, though, this is very rudimentary. o_O)

22321503.png

Different branes floating through space (each its own dimension)

When we die, we cease to exist in our own dimension, let's say the blue one in my example. However, we don't necessarily cease to exist in, say, the green one. As the different branes move through space, they might occasionally touch for a short time:

50364795.png

When this happens, maybe it is possible that we see someone who has ceased to exist in our own dimension (blue), but are going on as normal in the other (green). That person might have been someone that lived in the same house we're currently living in. When they died in our dimension, obviously they no longer inhabited the house, so we moved in. In that green dimension, though, that person is, again, living their life just as they always had, perhaps even in the same house. So when the branes touch, we might "catch" them in our house. Perhaps even vice-versa: maybe, to them, we're a ghost intruding in their house. As the branes pull away from eachother, the "ghost" disappears.

Just my own interpretation and my (probably feeble) attempt to put some even mildly scientific explanation on the matter. If nothing else, it's interesting to think about. ;p

Some interesting food for thought _ReApEr..
Thanks Liz! I love my kitchen as well.. I think it's just peachy veitchii. I even picked out the color scheme myself.

I just heard a woman's voice. 2 words.. not sure what was said though. The TV was paused and it was dead quiet. My buddy heard it as well, so I'm not going crazy.
Then about 10 min. later there was 4 knocks on the wall behind the TV.. not sure if they are related or not.

dust, membranes, alternate realities. The Golden Compass?

I forgot to mention I have a crystal skull locked down in the cellar.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Okay.. either I'm going insane.. or it's an unusually active night. To the point where it got me out of bed. I heard female humming, a deep exhale behind me when I was laying in bed (save the jokes funny guys), all sorts of tapping, scratching, and strange noises. The cat's are accounted for, but my mind isn't. I think I lost it somewhere throughout the night.
OH.. and I checked the crawl space (which is completely sealed) to see what that loud banging on the floor could've been. And no animals.. no explanation.

Back