What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did a bunch of flying - US/Earth/Sky pics

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
I don't know if any of you guys take pics on planes or from the tops of mountains too, but this past week when I was on a bunch of flights I managed to get some nice pics of the US from above about the 2nd or third layer of clouds in some of those nice high and low pressure veins causing that monster storm in the east right now. Here's some pics:

(and more if you guys want...but I didn't want 'epic random blue sky' thread :-)))

PC260208.jpg

PC260256.jpg

PC260244.jpg

PC260237.jpg

pacman:
PC260215.jpg

PC260258.jpg

PC260250.jpg

PC260243.jpg

PC260211.jpg

Naice!
I see you saw the pacman too :awesome:

Wth there's a giant pacman on earth!!??!?

Where are you flying in the first photo? Are those little puffballs in the bottom of the frame flak bursts (aka triple-A or AAA)? Or maybe ghost spheres?

Where are you flying in the first photo? Are those little puffballs in the bottom of the frame flak bursts (aka triple-A or AAA)? Or maybe ghost spheres?

Ah, yeah - I think that was some small spots of ice crystals on the plane's window, and I think it was over the eastern third of the US somewhere still. The whole bottom half of the windows was covered with them so taking nice shots was a little hard to make sure I didn't get glare from the other people, didn't have the flash on, didn't get the engine or wing, and didn't get any ice either :-O

whats that in the last photo?

whats that in the last photo?

Some big canyon with lots of plots of land around it. I think it may have been in the Southwest somewhere..

Back