What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoh Rain Forest, Washington [Picture HEAVY]

• Thread starter Kyle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dslr
Last summer, my wife and I went on a trip to Washington. One of the things we did was visit the Hoh Rain Forest. There was a trail called the "Hall of Mosses." Had to take that, I have a thing for mosses. But, anyway, I figured I'd share some pictures since I know more than a couple people of this wonderful community would appreciate the beauty of this forest. Sorry some of the pictures aren't the best, it was all shot with a simple PnS; next time I'll be sure to bring the DSLR along. ^.^ Enjoy!

img0369bq.jpg

img0372sp.jpg

img0374s.jpg

img1483f.jpg

img1504f.jpg

img1506dp.jpg

img1521hp.jpg

img1527h.jpg

img1534pt.jpg

img1609i.jpg

img1671a.jpg

img1676fg.jpg

img1678i.jpg

img1724d.jpg

img1725z.jpg

img1727zs.jpg

img1738r.jpg

This is the bottom of a fallen tree. O_O

img1778a.jpg

img1791a.jpg

img1803ox.jpg

OMG that is so nice! I love moss so hard - thanks for showing the pics!!

That has got to be one of the coolest places I have ever seen.

I like the phone booth pic!

Love the fungi- oyster (yummy!), turkey tail, something that's looks like a favorite that I won't dare to pick & eat, and especially the bird's nest fungi in the next to last picture. I have some that popped up in a couple pots that I'm watching & trying to keep going.

Fantastic pictures!

I have a thing for mosses too and that is just amazing. :D I do want to have a moss collection later in life with verified IDs and organized collection of various species from around the world.

Cool Place isn't it!
My wife and I were there about 8-10 years ago, and just missed a "bear" encounter!
Apparently a bee hive we had seen fallen to the ground had attracted some attention
not long from when we had seen it!

It is wonderful to know we have rain forests in the lower 48 that haven't totally been logged or converted into a parking lot or subdivision... yet. I remember reading a Nat. Geo article years back as a kid about Olympic National Forest (by Paul Zahl I believe) and it made me want to go there, even back then. Truly a wonderful place!

Nice Pics! Makes me want to go back again!

I love that first pic.. truly amazing country out there.

I've lived in Washington half my life (hope to move back soon) and I never went any place as amazing!

If only I could grow moss like that...

Nice moss!

That area has many of the same native plant species as the area I live in. So close, but so far away at the same time! :D

Nice pics, and I don't know why, but I like the looks of that multi-colored slug.

Great pictures. I have always wanted to visit Washington, this just gives me one more reason.... Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the replies, guys. It truly was almost surreal being there. It was one of those places you just didn't even knew existed, like it was only in movies and whatnot that you saw scenery like that. It was gorgeous. I can't wait to go back at some point and I am definitely taking the DSLR with me.

Wow, very nice!

Back