What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going Out Of Business

flytraplady5

Hort. School dropout X 2
After 10 yrs of running a small wholesale nursery in N Cal, I am going out of business It is about time I start to enjoy my retirement
My daughter and her boyfriend are taking over the local and some of the out of state accounts
They have changed the name from Raccoon Ridge Nursery to MRodditys they have moved half the plants off the property my collection is intact. I will continue to do trades and giveaways.
Aww to be an extreme hobbyist again. what a wonderful feeling.
Lois

Hi Lois!

I wish you a happy and well-deserved retirement. :)

I wish i could do that. i seem to be heading the opposite direction.......

I second kula's sentiments - as someone just beginning my career, I'm envious. Enjoy yourself, you've earned it. :)
~Joe

Glad you can look forward to enjoying retirement.

Thank you for all of your contributions Lois!

Congratulations on re-retiring - enjoy!!!

Cheers to you! :beer: Congratulations on retirement!

Woo! I hope you enjoy the years ahead of relaxation and appreciation of your wonderful plants. :)

enjoy retirement Lois! you sure deserve it!

congrats Lois. I hope we're still going to see you and/or Rhiannon & her BF(can't remember his name!) @ the BACPS meetings & sales. and I'm guessing you'll still be up for some good old fashioned plant trading!! :)

Very happy for you Lois! Now, you can do it just for the love!

Congrats! Hope all continues to go well with you!

Oh, that's gotta be great! Congratulations!!! Glad to see you still got the love and won't be leaving the hobby! :)

Have a good retirement. :beer:

Good for you, Lois. I absolutely love your comment about being an extreme hobbyist. It's a fine line to walk, isn't it?

For everyone else, I met Lois a couple years ago and she is one cool cat. Nobody deserves a nice retirement more than her!

xvart.

Thank you all for the kind words.Yes time to enjoy these plants
Trading will be a large part of my upcoming life. I have found that i can't attend to more than 3 trades at a.
I get a little confused and send the right thing to the wrong personLOL

Awww, retirement!

Kinda takes all the work out of it ...and puts the fun back into it, don't you think?!
Now why would anyone want to go and do that? ???

(I have turned too many hobbies into "work" myself...)

Oh well... congrats!
:-D

Congrats! Glad you'll be in the hobby still!

Back