What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Island trip to see the Volcano and Sam (pics warning!)

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date
Simply amazing....

hot dang that's a lotta pics. hahaha--too bad most didnt catch my interest---except a few. AND DOES SAM HAVE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A CAMPY x MAXIMA!?

no but seriously, great pics! super special awesome vaca! and the lava! it looks so fluffy, you'd think you could sleep on it....but you cant! lol!

This must be just like living in paradise

For sure...it looks ideal.

Eau Em Jee!

Never has there been such a spectacular ensemble of unnamed and unidentifiable Nepenthes mutts!

I can't even recognize half of those plants' parents for the life of me!

Really nice shots, it makes me very jealous! I want to go back to Hawaii now.

Thanks Thez. :)

Thanks and you're welcome. His plants are just mindboggling-ly stunning :-D

Holy Crap, that was awesome. Thanks for the pictures.

You're welcome.

Simply amazing....

:awesome:

hot dang that's a lotta pics. hahaha--too bad most didnt catch my interest---except a few. AND DOES SAM HAVE WHAT APPEARS TO BE A CAMPY x MAXIMA!?

no but seriously, great pics! super special awesome vaca! and the lava! it looks so fluffy, you'd think you could sleep on it....but you cant! lol!

Yeah I thought I had more but I guess I didn't take as many pics as I thought :-))

Yeah it looks like some campyXmaxima or something... I got one in case it is ;)

Thanks for sharing, really beautiful pictures

Oh....my...GAWD! :spazz:

Great pics. I've been meaning to visit for a long time - my godfather works at one of the telescopes. But I only recently learned that it's such a hotbed of Nepenthes growers. Makes a lot of sense. I know where I'm retiring. :D
~Joe

LaScroll__plz_by_stevanov.gif

Ok, THAT IS IT! I'm officially extremely jealous of you, first ABG then THIS?!
Oh well, at least I get to go to ABG in July.

like the big island isnt a tourist attraction enough......guess this is where im going come spring.

Dude, that's awesome. I am extremely jealous of you getting to see all those awesome plants. I hope I have a place with a greenhouse to rival that one day.

Thanks for sharing, really beautiful pictures

You're welcome.

Oh....my...GAWD! :spazz:

:spazz:

Great pics. I've been meaning to visit for a long time - my godfather works at one of the telescopes. But I only recently learned that it's such a hotbed of Nepenthes growers. Makes a lot of sense. I know where I'm retiring. :D
~Joe

Oh cool! I'm right there with you on retiring in paradise for sure..

this.

Ok, THAT IS IT! I'm officially extremely jealous of you, first ABG then THIS?!
Oh well, at least I get to go to ABG in July.

I'd be jealous of me too ;) I need to have a mission in life outside of work, and right now it's visiting as many botanical gardens and otherwise greenhouses as I can find. And a lot of people just don't know what's in their back yard - I had to travel far and wide to get to these places!

like the big island isnt a tourist attraction enough......guess this is where im going come spring.

Ahyup.

Dude, that's awesome. I am extremely jealous of you getting to see all those awesome plants. I hope I have a place with a greenhouse to rival that one day.

I think we all do :-D

Fabulous pix of fabulous plants. loved the volcana too

BTW if I had pitchers that large I would have to get a new hobby growing pinky mice to feed to them.LOL

Farout! :-O

I traded Neps with Sam a number of years ago - I wonder where they are in all that jungle! LOL

Nice car! Glad I don't have dial-up!

Back