What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Photography

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Sorry if this is sort of bloggish of me, but I was digging through my photos and I thought I'd share some of the ones that caught my eye. I'm beginning to realize that I really do like photography. :)

But I'm also guilty of taking driving pictures. :p Not a good idea I know...

DSCN5758.jpg

Sunrise

DSCN5761.jpg

This was just another day at work for me last Summer

SANY0754.jpg

Nowhere, Alaska - Literally.

DSCN5762.jpg

On the other side of the side walk.

SANY0295.jpg

Snow.

SANY0392.jpg

The Narrows.

SANY0440.jpg

Which one is better?

SANY0441.jpg

Who can say?

SANY0629.jpg

My campus's parking lot.

DSCN5498.jpg

A waterfall

SANY0634.jpg

The view from my porch.

DSCN5548.jpg

The view from atop Orcas island.

DSCN5556.jpg

A clam's eye view

SANY0416.jpg

A tourist town.

SANY0443.jpg

The Moon.

SANY0535.jpg

SANY0664.jpg

SANY0668.jpg

SANY0564.jpg

SANY0456.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

*swoon* You live in such a gorgeous place, Dex. Your pictures are always a pleasure- thanks for sharing :)

The second to last picture and the one of the waterfall are amazing. Gorgeous place there Dex, I hope to visit Alaska some day.

At least driving and taking pictures is safer than texting and driving. Your eyes are still on the road! Kinda...

Thanks for the kind words guys. :)

At least driving and taking pictures is safer than texting and driving. Your eyes are still on the road! Kinda...

Lol, I know! :p I really do not like texting and driving, so I consider it my little sin. At least there will be a picture of my crash!

WOW. :0o:

You are surrounded by so much beauty! These pictures have sealed my fate: now I absolutely have to visit Alaska at least once in my lifetime. I don't want you to get into any wrecks, but you definitely have to share more pics with us in the future!

LOL! One could also stop the car and take pictures....

Actually i like both of those pics the ones that you said which one is better who can say well i like both anout the same.

Where these taken in Autumn? Hahaha they probably were! For a second I was thinking "isn't it supposed to be ridiculously cold in Alaska?"! Amazing photos and a beautiful place! I love all the cool little hills around the lake :s are they drumlins or something glacier made, or maybe neither?

WOW. :0o:

You are surrounded by so much beauty! These pictures have sealed my fate: now I absolutely have to visit Alaska at least once in my lifetime. I don't want you to get into any wrecks, but you definitely have to share more pics with us in the future!

:p Alaska is a big big place, there's a lot to see. I haven't even actually seen barely any of the state, myself. I'll definitely share some more pictures! I have loads, and there's always something to take pictures of. :)

LOL! One could also stop the car and take pictures....

??? That doesn't make any sense. Why do something standing still safely when you could be doing it at fifty miles an hour?

Actually i like both of those pics the ones that you said which one is better who can say well i like both anout the same.

Lol, it was a rhetorical question, but thanks for the input, I like both of them just as well too. :p

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

No problem, thanks for looking. :)

Where these taken in Autumn? Hahaha they probably were! For a second I was thinking "isn't it supposed to be ridiculously cold in Alaska?"! Amazing photos and a beautiful place! I love all the cool little hills around the lake :s are they drumlins or something glacier made, or maybe neither?

Thanks!
Actually these pictures were taken at varying times throughout the year, most of them in early spring or Summer, actually. I live in the southernmost portion of Alaska, so we're actually at a lower degree of latitude then most of the United Kingdom.

The "hills" are glacially shaped, yes, but they are also primarily created by the Pacific plate grinding up against the North American plate, some of these islands are geologically distant, and have "traveled" from near the equator.

The "lake" is also actually the Pacific Ocean.

Just checked google maps! Ha, never knew Alaska went that far south... I always thought it just jutted out from Canada and nearly bridged with Russia... well, I've learnt something new! If you are on the far far far part of Alaska, we are practically on the same latitude! Well, that was unexpected :D! What did we do before google maps?

Back